Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L-88 Hoods

I

inferno-vette

I have been trying to find an L88 hood for about a year and a half, but all that I can find is normal cowl hoods.
Does any one knows were can I find one? and how much would they go for?

Eckler's has them, cost is about $550, on the web site they only list them for 68-76 but I bought mine from them for an 81. I've even heard of guys getting them from JC Whitney.

You can get them many places. Expect to pay as high as $800 for a first run quality model that needs very little work. The Whitney hood is fine, and a great price, but if you are going to paint it a dark color be prepared for many hours of hand blocking, priming, skim coating, and guide coating to get it right. The air chamber underneath for the ram air is usually a seperate item. I bought my hood second hand and it was already in there.

I have seen used ones with slight damage at virtually every large Corvette show I have been to in the last couple of years for $100 to $300.

You will be after the L88 hood with the long design so that it goes all the way to your windshield.

Thanks for the info I apreciate the help, looks like I've been missing all the important swap meets.
Paul

Ecklers hood required very little prep work. The underside was nicely done as well. I drilled about five 1.5 holes in the back support to aid in airflow through the engine compartment.

Hey, finally I found a place (Vanacor) that sells them for less ($425), they also sell other body parts, such as fenders with flares and stuff
Paul

Vanacor was one vendor that people on the forum have complained about. I have no personal experience with them though.
Check out American Sports Cars as another alternative
www.americansportscar.com
I bought front and rear bumpers and headlight assemblies from them. I give them a "B" in terms of quality.
Ecklers is a "A".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom