Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L-88 style hood

400hp_76

Corvette
Black 1976 STINGRAY cpe, T-tops
I have sent PM to some of the guys on the forum about the L-88 style hood and visibility. I plan on autox so i need pretty darn good visibility. Anyone have any info they wanna share about that style hood, particularly the one from ecklers.

I've got an Ecklers 73-79 style, high-rise hood on my car. The height of the center, raised area is about the same as that of the L88 unit.

I can see fine.

My only complaint with my L-88 hood is that I can't quite see the right front headlight when it's up. I like to verify that they both went up. You should have no problem with autocrossing with an L-88 hood.

Bought at Ecklers what do you want to know
1388Monza_Lights_Vette_003-med.jpg

hood

I want one do you want to get rid of it before I order one? Anyone???

L88 from Ecklers will give you a 1 1/2'' over stock height engine clearence.
This is the change to the vette that has drawn the most attention is the hood and changed the appeareance most ,I did it for engine clearence.

Ihave a edelbrock performer & Q-Jet with spacer & a full size air cleaner no drop base.

I have a cool picture that I took from inside my car, at the start line at an autocross. I'll try to remember to scan it and post it here. It might give you a better idea. Keep in mind that I'm short (5'7") though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom