Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: L48 Air Cleaner...

Corvette
78 white/red coupe
Hello C3ers,

Just getting ready to finish up the little things before winter...I noticed the underside of my air cleaner (oe) has a dual fitting for two vacuum lines, one goes to the flapper valve in the snorkle and the other one is missing. Sure would like to know where it is supposed to go?

Maybe someone has a pic............or can advise me as to where it should be attached.

thanks all,

antique78vette...................

Hello C3ers,

Just getting ready to finish up the little things before winter...I noticed the underside of my air cleaner (oe) has a dual fitting for two vacuum lines, one goes to the flapper valve in the snorkle and the other one is missing. Sure would like to know where it is supposed to go?

Maybe someone has a pic............or can advise me as to where it should be attached.

thanks all,

antique78vette...................

The other one goes to a vacuum source at the carburetor (or to a vacuum valve) to operate the valve in the snorkel; if it's missing, you may have an open vacuum leak unless whoever removed it capped off the nipple on the carb (or vacuum valve) where it connected. Your Assembly Manual and Shop Manual will show you exactly how the vacuum system is connected.

:beer

Hi Willis76,

My 78 has no open ports on rear of the q-jet but has 3(capped off) on the fwd side. Can
I use on of those as a vac source?

mike

Hi JohnZ,

I have 3 capped ports on the fwd side of the q-jet, I am guessing that
I can run a vac line to either one of them? Also, I do not have a shop
manual but I have 78 aim BUT could not find anything about the air cleaner. Got any ideas where I should look.

thanks,

mike

Hi JohnZ,

I have 3 capped ports on the fwd side of the q-jet, I am guessing that
I can run a vac line to either one of them? Also, I do not have a shop
manual but I have 78 aim BUT could not find anything about the air cleaner. Got any ideas where I should look.

thanks,

mike

You'll find the air cleaner installation (and all of the vacuum hoses/valves etc.) in UPC 6, the "Engine" section. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom