Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L48 Engine & TH350. What is it worth?

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
So I's gots me my original 1980 L48 engine and the original TH350 transmission. Been sitting in storage for quite some time now and I have absolutely no use for 'em. They've always been for sale, but ain't no one gonna buy 'em if I don't advertise 'em. So I've decided to get serious about selling them. The fact that my storage locker where they are kept is costing me about $65/month certainly helps the motivation. So the engine/trans have about 68K miles on 'em. Engine and trans are pretty much ready to plug & play. Only problem I think one of the valves or something needs a ring job. I get a little blow by, but nothing major or completely unexpected. I was thinking $600 for the pair or $350 each. Does that sound reasonable?

S... Only problem I think one of the valves or something needs a ring job. I get a little blow by, but nothing major or completely unexpected. I was thinking $600 for the pair or $350 each. Does that sound reasonable?

Dre, your honesty is great. I'm sure your engine will find a new home and an owner who will put it to work.
Good luck!

I could start ranting about separating the original engine from the car. You know in about 50 years this car would be worth a lot more with the original engine....

Really though I think the engine is probably worth a little more than the tranny, maybe $450/$250. Just thinkin out loud...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom