Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L81 or L82 and Hello

Y

yellow81

:w Hi, I was just checking out the NADA site on Vette values and it gave and option on choosing an L 82 Vette. How do I know I have an L81or an L82? Also fellas, when I purchased this vette, the wiring to my pwr. antenna was done poorly. I rewired it and the motor runs, car on/off, radio on/off. Is something not catching inside, do I need to replace, or can it be rebuilt? Thank you ahead of time, more questions to follow. Been watching this site for 3 weeks now. Looks great, everyone seems so helpful. Awsome :_rock

Brian,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. The 1981 Corvette only came equipped with the L81 engine. The L82 engine wasn't an option on the 1981 Model Year. For more information see our 1981 Corvette Center

Also, if you haven't done so already, check out the L81 Vette Registry.

Welcome Yellow81

Welcome to Corvette Action Center.
Heidi

The mast's plastic string could be separated from the anchor at the spool. It should tend to feed the mast's upper section of the antenna's telescoping tube completely out of the mast base.

Double check your wiring. To raise the mast your GREEN wire is positive and your GREY wire is negative. To lower it, your WHITE wire is positive and GREEN wire is negative.

Worst case scenario -your upper and lower limiting switches are not working, but this is very un-common. The hardest part of disassembling the antenna is that the rivets that hold the housing halves together will spin on you and make it hard to drill them off without causing damage to the plastic housing. long-nosed Vise Grips will help you keep the rivets from spinning on one end while you drill off the other end.

By the way, I remember that the wires connect right at where the switches are located.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom