Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L98 Intake Options

porras

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Hello everyone, I'm looking to upgrade performance a little bit and am trying to find a cold air intake conversion for my 1990 L98 Corvette. I see only K&N replacement filters with an optional cutout top to help reduce air restriction, but no cold air intake kits. I did see some for the LT1 engine, but I'm coming up short for the L98. Any suggestions or leads? Are the K&N direct fit replacements any good?

DonB

Corvette
2019 ZO6 in Elkhart Lake Blue
I have the K&N filter in my '90 and like it over the normal paper filter. They seem to improve air flow and make it a little "peppier." Some here will dispute the K&N, but I have them in both my Vette's. The ONLY time I take them out is to clean them and during "Cottonwood" tree seeding season.

Wayback

Corvette
93 Ruby Aniv roadster/6spd
IMHO do a TBI by-pass.Did it on my 85 Wayback around Y2K & recently on my 93.There was a kit that moved the air intake down to where the front license plate is,don't know if it's still available tho.

Wayback

Corvette
93 Ruby Aniv roadster/6spd
forced.GIF

porras

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Thanks

Thanks Wayback and Don, I'll probably just go the K&N route. I've tried looking for something like Wayback posted, but cannot find it anywhere.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom