Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L98 Intake Options

porras

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Hello everyone, I'm looking to upgrade performance a little bit and am trying to find a cold air intake conversion for my 1990 L98 Corvette. I see only K&N replacement filters with an optional cutout top to help reduce air restriction, but no cold air intake kits. I did see some for the LT1 engine, but I'm coming up short for the L98. Any suggestions or leads? Are the K&N direct fit replacements any good?

I have the K&N filter in my '90 and like it over the normal paper filter. They seem to improve air flow and make it a little "peppier." Some here will dispute the K&N, but I have them in both my Vette's. The ONLY time I take them out is to clean them and during "Cottonwood" tree seeding season.

IMHO do a TBI by-pass.Did it on my 85 Wayback around Y2K & recently on my 93.There was a kit that moved the air intake down to where the front license plate is,don't know if it's still available tho.

forced.GIF

Thanks

Thanks Wayback and Don, I'll probably just go the K&N route. I've tried looking for something like Wayback posted, but cannot find it anywhere.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom