Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Larry....how did you mount your Simpson seat belts and shoulder belts?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
If I remember correctly you had Simpson racing seal belts in your 62. Did you use the regular mounting locations on the floor for them for the ones that go around the waist?

How did you mount the ones for the shoulders? Where? Did you add any reinforcing to the body to accomplish that?

Do you have any photos of what you did in that area? that would help as well....if I need to get some extra pieces attached to the body, now is the time before body gets painted.....and that is coming soon.....

Also, what part number was your Simpson seat belts and shoulder belts?

let me know....thanks, Herb

If I remember correctly you had Simpson racing seal belts in your 62. Did you use the regular mounting locations on the floor for them for the ones that go around the waist?

How did you mount the ones for the shoulders? Where? Did you add any reinforcing to the body to accomplish that?

Do you have any photos of what you did in that area? that would help as well....if I need to get some extra pieces attached to the body, now is the time before body gets painted.....and that is coming soon.....

Also, what part number was your Simpson seat belts and shoulder belts?

let me know....thanks, Herb

Herb originally I ordered a 5 point harness for the car. It became apparent it would not be so easy to mount them comfortably with the shoulder harness.

I just ended up using Simpson racing lap belts.

My wife and the kids hate them as they are difficult for them to unlatch.

If I had to do it again I may of just went with a generic set form Snake oil products or JC Whitney

The are more or less mounted the same way a stock set would be but I used a larger reinforcements plate.

I bought 3 point belts and installed them in the same locations identified in the AIM. For the shoulder belts, I attached them down low enough and angled so that when I went forward, I wouldn't be decapitated. I glued and bolted a 1/4" steel plate on the outside of the fiberglass as the anchor points.

I bought 3 point belts and installed them in the same locations identified in the AIM. For the shoulder belts, I attached them down low enough and angled so that when I went forward, I wouldn't be decapitated. I glued and bolted a 1/4" steel plate on the outside of the fiberglass as the anchor points.
do you have any photos of what they look like?....that would help....thanks

Will take some later today.

I have to be in the garage with my camera anyway. Some crackhead broke my CR-V's windshield and driver's side window when we were parked in Philadelphia to get at my Garmin sitting under the console.

Random act. What the hell.

Will take some later today.

I have to be in the garage with my camera anyway. Some crackhead broke my CR-V's windshield and driver's side window when we were parked in Philadelphia to get at my Garmin sitting under the console.

Random act. What the hell.
GPS systems especially those that are portable are the hot item to steal these days....sorry about your loss........Herb

Hey Herb, thanks.

Here are the pictures of the anchor points....and the damage to the CR-V. Merry Freakin' Christmas.

thanks....

coulda' been worse, like us bumping into the guys during the break in....now let's see if my insurance goes up with a claim

....on the seat belts issue, the only thing that bugs me is I can't find a really good rewind device so let me know if see something decent

Kid - Nice mess they made in the CRv. Those little pieces of glass are so hard to get out of everything. Sorry for another problem you don't need.

Steve

Kid - Nice mess they made in the CRv. Those little pieces of glass are so hard to get out of everything. Sorry for another problem you don't need.

Steve

hey steve...thanks

.....a few other tidbits were glass shards in my fingers from the steering wheel and driving from philly to princeton up rt 95 with plastic sheeting duct-taped to the door...she had to keep looking backwards to tell me when to merge AND pennsylvania drivers are SOOOOOOOOOO forgiving in such circumstances

..i responded to your PM and will probably start a thread in the garage section to show off my new jack arm garage door opener over the 4 post lift

ttfn

You might be able to adapt factory C2 shoulder belt mounting brackets.

seatbracket2.jpg

headrestB.jpg

seats06011.jpg
I do feel more comfortable with a shoulder harness than just a seat belt. something about my teeth hitting the steering wheel that I just don't like!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom