Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Last Plea for Help on '03

W

wwr

They called me again about the '03 coupe today. This is the car: a standard '03 with the wheels, 12 disc. body side moldings, dual tops, auto, HUD all the 1sb stuff, 5500 miles.
Black on Black. Stuff still in plastic, can't find RPO #s. What should I offer or should I wait? $31,000 $32,000?

wwr

Trade in Value for '03

The trade in value for that '03 is $30,070. I can't find wholesale value.

wwr

If its any help when I was looking a local dealer had an 01 for 32,500 and I paid just under 20 for my 97, it has a stick, Z-51, new tires and chrome Z06 wheels

If you like it go for it the C-5 is a great car :D

Offer $31K and go from there. I think that would be a good deal. If he balks, balk back a little. :D

wwr

I like Tammy's plan :) .........the price is about what you should expect to pay. The best price you could expect on a new 04 would be in the $38-$39k range lightly optioned. The C5 is a great car you will enjoy it :Steer

FWIW, here is my experience almost 4 weeks ago when I bought 03 Z06...

I found this Vette on cars.com for 37K so I called that dealership just to see if they were willing to negotiate.

The manager I talked to was a very nice guy, he sent me many, many pics, both interior and exterior and we started to negotiate.

At first, he was willing to down to 35.5K and my counter-offer was 32K, now I knew there was no way he would drop 5k but it was a starting point for me. As expected he said there is just no way he could go that low and I told him that I am not willing to pay 35.5K either (btw, I was paying cash for it).

On Oct 6th, he called me and said the lowest he could go is 34K and my response was "Look, the C6s are out and winter is just around the corner and longer you keep that Vette, more money you'll lose" and I told him that my final offer is as following...33K and deliver that Vette at my house on Nov 8th at Noon (dealership is in Ohio).

On Oct 7th, he called me back and told me 33.5K, I stood firm and told him I am also considering other Vettes and that I was losing patience because I wanted to drive a Vette before snow starts and that if we don't make a deal by today, I am going to buy a Vette, locally.

He finally gave in and said we have a deal and his truck driver will deliever the Vette and I would sign all the necessary documents and give the driver a check for 33K. The Electron Blue Z06 showed up at my house around 11:00 AM on Oct 8th. :D

2000 C5 Corvette Pricing

:confused I have looked at hundreds of C-5's within the last few months and if you can buy it for $28000.00 to 31,000.00 I don't think you can go wrong. Did you say it was a 6-speed manual? If so they are even harder to find than the automatic transmission, I re-read you info and I see that it is an automatic. At anyrate you should be able to buy it for the lower end of their price at least. Did you ask the dealer to run you a CarFax on it? Most dealers will do this for no charge. In my area which is Indiana I would expect to be able to purchase this car this time of the year for 28-$29,000.00. Miles is real low so that would bring the price up too!

Not sure I am an expert like I said but I have looked at hundreds of them before I bought my a few months ago. Check autotrader.com and price 2003's also kellybluebook.com is a good place to build a care and price it either retail or dealer cost.

Hope this helps you some,
:w Wave when get it and drive by,
Bill

wwr said:
They called me again about the '03 coupe today. This is the car: a standard '03 with the wheels, 12 disc. body side moldings, dual tops, auto, HUD all the 1sb stuff, 5500 miles.
Black on Black. Stuff still in plastic, can't find RPO #s. What should I offer or should I wait? $31,000 $32,000?

wwr

Black '03

I offered 30,000 this guy flipped. So I said OK. The sites we see and your posts validate my offer although it was a low ball for this car.

Didn't finish post

I expect a call back. Thanks for the replies. I really want a white convertible but this would be a great second choice.

wwr

5114 miles $32300, 8400 miles $31800, 8771 miles $33200, 7439 miles $30500, 5856 miles $31700. These cars sold at auction within the past 3 weeks. Add 1500 to 2000 to buy from a dealer over these prices for retail. If I was a dealer I wouldn't talk to you. I think you are dreaming if it is a real nice car. No offense. Now you know what wholesale is. Average is $31400 add some profit and you'll buy the car. Any dealer can sell it wholesale for more than you what are offering.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom