Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Late 79 - 82 Corvette Antenna with CB wanted

CappysCE

Corvette
1982 Collector Edition
Hi all.
New to the site and looking for antenna w/ CB for my 1982 Collector Edition Corvette. Anyone out there happen to know where could find one? A good used one or rebuilt? I currently have a Am/FM only working antenna, but I want to remove my after market and install a GM Delco AM/FM Cassette w/ CB unit that was offered as an option on the late C3s. There is a GM replacement model out there. I was told it is a full automatic antenna compared to the semi-automatic GM original. Has anyone installed one? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Welcome to the :CAC

I think you have to use a special ground plain CB antenna.

Welcome to the :CAC

I think you have to use a special ground plain CB antenna.
GM has a replacment part OEM number 12355706. Davie's Corvette website calls for all new wires and cable ; "Will not adapt to original connections". cbfb85fef9a1404dd7fd4f184baee4b9_2.jpg

Welcome to the Forum CappysCE. :w

welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

have you checked e-bay????
if not there then perhaps at the corvettes at Carlisle weekend,the end of August.
heres a link to it...Corvettes at Carlisle - America's Largest Fun-Filled Corvette Show, All Generations C6-C1, Swap Meet, Vendors, Parts, Accessories, For Sale

I check eBay daily, but all I seem to find is 70's and 80's GM Cadillac power antennas with CB. There is one that's for a 78 Vette w/CB, but doesn't have the screw on fasteners at the top of the antenna mast (same with the early 80's Cadillacs).

GM does have a OEM replacement, however I was told it requires use of all new wiring since it is a fully automatic antenna vs. the semi-automatic factory originals to the C3s. Corvettes at Carlisle would be an option, but I may not be able to attend. :eyerole

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome Cappys CE to the group we're glad you have joined us :happyanim:

-Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom