Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Latest pics of the 81 rebuild

I love the color choice, the hood looks sweet with the white in the center. Can't wait to see the car when its finished. Nice Job....Tim

I love the color choice, the hood looks sweet with the white in the center. Can't wait to see the car when its finished. Nice Job....Tim

:thumb Agreed looking forward to seeing the finished product!!

I do like the color combination. It is bright and it will grab people's attention. Purple and white! :upthumbs

Since going retro, are you going to flare fenders as well? I tell you though. That car will be begging for a 572 big block or something. You can't just go almost race-track style without a killer engine (save the L81 for a later restoration).

GerryLP:cool

I do like the color combination. It is bright and it will grab people's attention. Purple and white! :upthumbs

Since going retro, are you going to flare fenders as well? I tell you though. That car will be begging for a 572 big block or something. You can't just go almost race-track style without a killer engine (save the L81 for a later restoration).

GerryLP:cool

As much as I would like to put the race inspired fender flares on it's just too much time and money. It does however have a completely adjustable race susupension and I do have a 427BB with a fuel injected tunnel ram that was never installed in my EL camino!:cool

Hi Dan,

No rear sway bar. With the offset trailing arms there is very little room for the mounting brakets to fit.

Thank you for answer, I will search more info, whether it is suitable to add rear sway bar on my 81. It doesn’t seem to be that difficult. (or may be I am wrong??)

Rear Sway Bar

I added the rear sway bar to my '81 sometime ago. Quite easy to do. If I remember all I had to remove for the installation was the spare tire....then it goes back on with no problem.

AS far as changing the handling....that I could not tell you anything about as I added it when I was doing my restoration which took several years. So I did not remember what it was like to drive it without.

Finding a used one will take some time.

Oh and the car looks great....waiting for the final pictures.

LannyL81

My last post on 3/12 was hoping to get the car done within a week, well that did not take place. We had alot of work come through till just last week. Car came home Memorial Day.
The body is finally done and reassembly has started. I'll post some pics soon.

My last post on 3/12 was hoping to get the car done within a week, well that did not take place. We had alot of work come through till just last week. Car came home Memorial Day.
The body is finally done and reassembly has started. I'll post some pics soon.

I can't wait to see it!

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom