Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Leather Interior Cleaning Opinions?

BoDuke

Corvette
'04, Triple black Vert, '13 Grand Sport 3LT Coupe
Well. I'm 4 years late to the 'leather interior regime' party, but I finally made it! I'm shopping and researching the different leather cleaners and conditioners on the market for use in the Suburban (beige interior) and the C5 (black interior).

I'm considering the Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner ($7), Zaino's Z-9 ($9) and Z-10 ($11), Griots Garage Leather Care ($15) with the Rejuvenator ($15), and the Lexol Spray Pack Bundle ($24)

I'm not a fan of the Turtle Wax brand anything, or Armor All, or the Blue Magic.

Just thought I'd get an updated perspective from anyone willing to share. Thanks! :thumb

Corvette Leather??

I have used Mequiar's but switched to Adam's Polishes Leather and Interior Conditioner because I use many of their other products.
Also, there is the question of "Are Corvette seats really a genuine leather and does it require a true leather conditioner?". I have seen many references stating that Corvette and many domestic cars use a treatment to protect the leather. It is leather but has been sealed and the conditioners can't easily penetrate to the leather. With this perspective I no longer feel that I need a single purpose, dedicated leather product. I noticed that the Mequiar's I used seemed to sit on top of the seat surface with a wet shiny look. The Adam's product is more subtle, less shiny and it is also suitable for other interior surfaces.
This question like many others depends on personal preference. There are quality products to choose from and people are satisfied with each one. Some like the convenience of purchasing what is available locally. I order online from Adam's so it easy to add another product.

I've used Zaino Z9 and Z10 in the past and have been happy with them. I've recently switched to C-Magic Leather Conditioner and I'm equally happy with it. 16oz @ 17.95 and available at the NCM Store. I'm now using all of the C-Magic products and I get them from the NCM Store.

I've used Zaino Z9 and Z10 in the past and have been happy with them. I've recently switched to C-Magic Leather Conditioner and I'm equally happy with it. 16oz @ 17.95 and available at the NCM Store. I'm now using all of the C-Magic products and I get them from the NCM Store.

Concur. C-Magic is really nice stuff and does a great job on my black seats and on a couple black leather antiques side chairs in the house.

..... nut :D

Leatherique worked for me

Hi Aaron:

Don't know if you can get this link 2008 Chevy Corvette in Crystal Red Metallic | Ask a Pro Blog but the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean worked well for me. It's especially good if you've got your car off the road for a couple of days and can let the stuff really soak in. I've tried the Lexol and it's okay if your doing routine maintenance, but Leatherique once or twice a year works great. I've got a roadster like you, and that summer sun can really take a toll on your seats (plus a little sweat here and there.) By the way, the seating surfaces in my car are leather but some of the side sections and the back are probably vinyl or some synthetic material. You can feel the difference as you clean them and I'm considering using a combination of products to get the best possible results in the future. Good Luck!

- Kevin

Hey Kevin, thanks for the insight and the link. I was indeed able to view it. I will read the entire article this weekend, but I did skim thru the pictures as I'm short on time tonight. Awesome looking C6! I too use Chemical Guys products, about 95% of my stash actually! Thanks again for the input! :beer

Okey Doke!

Aaron:

Glad you liked the link. Detailed Image has some great tutorials on taking care of your car. I go cross eyed sometimes, reading about all the stuff that's out there to try. Anyway, I hope you get your interior back in shape after a long season of fun. Black can be the best color of all, but it's also a son-of-a-gun to keep looking good. Lemme know what worked for you!

- Kevin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom