Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LED Brakelights

Not me, but I'm certainly interested in the idea...

Has anyone used the LED version of the 1157 bulbs?

Do a search on LED tail lights.. This has been covered in many a post.. There's some good info there.:beer

I have a set on my 96 CE coupe, had to adjust the bulb holders slightly to get them to fit though, I also have led indicator bulbs and reversing bulb with bleeper, they all appear a lot shaper and light quicker than the originals

I have been running the "superbrights" for 3 years with no problems. I did have to use a HD flasher.

The only "issue" is that the fiber optics are pretty dim because light from LED's doesn't diffuse to the sides. Can only really see them at night. Other than that, I really do like them.

I used a LUKS Halogen Blub 1157 (can't locate info on where I got them) and although I did get one bad blub they are much brighter. At first I had problems with the drives side rear and though it was the blub drawing more power but later found out I had a intermintant break in the wire, fix that it works great. The just go in exactly like an orginal 1157 the glass area is actually smaller than an 1157 but brighter.

Here is a pic they are available at JC Whitney
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...601&TID=101&productId=2003601&catalogId=10111

Maybe this week I'll buy one of each (LED and Halogen) and take pics and give a report. As I said, above, what's a couple of bucks if it's for the betterment of us all? :upthumbs

I have not compared the heat but as I don't use my car for daily driver and don't drive it to much at night it has not been a problem. I have them in the brakelight and tail light socket and really like the bright brakelights should not be a problem for the break light but might for the tail light. I will do some testing and see how hot they get compared to a normal 1157 in the tail light socket.

You can get LED 1157 @ Most custon Bike Shops Cost about each $5.00 .
Red LED / clear LED

Still planing on testing my Halgon blubs hope to do it this weekend.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom