Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: LED Tail lights on a 2004 C5

bumblbe

Corvette
2004 Yellow 6spd Coupe
I just installed a set of LED tail lights on my C5 and they flash way faster than stock. To slow them down, there's a resistor kit that can be installed on the hot wire to each light. Anybody familiar with this?

Just want to update my experience with LED tail lights for my C5. Zip Products put me in touch with the people who they buy their LED's from. The vendor provided me with a lot of info about LED tail lights. They sent me the resistor kit to slow down the directional flashing speed and it was easy to install. It did slow down the flashing to very close to stock; however, when I put the brakes on with the directional signal on the flashing speeds up somewhat. When the headlights are on and I have a directional on and then brake, the directional flashing really speeds up. Very weird. The LED's look really good but the directional flashing speed variation is frustrating. Anybody out there have any experience with this?

Bob, I finally got around to buying the LED flasher from Corvette Enhancements. I installed it last night (took about 45 minutes) and it definitely did the trick as far as slowing down the LED's when the directionals are on. Thanks for the tip. The $78 price (delivered) seemed high at first but I didn't find anybody else who has this part. Since it cured the problem it's worth it to me. FYI, if you don't have a short throw shifter on your car, I put a C6 Z06 shifter on my C5 and it works great. I got all the parts (except the leather boot) from a GM dealer who discounts them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom