Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Left Tire Sensor Won't Read

C

Cessna 182

My left front tire sensor won't read even after reprograming. I gess the sensor is bad. I have the magnesium wheels and am afraid of a tire shop damaging them to change the sensor. I have two questions 1. how do you tell if the tire sensor is bad. 2. where is the best place to get it changed, a dealer or tire shop

Thanks

Jim

Hustler

Corvette
2000 Z51
I had the same problem and finally fixed it be removing all the air from tire, then refilling it. The sensor came back to life and all was good. On a 99 your battery may be dead, on my 2000 it was not. We are both reaching, or have surpassed the end of life expectancy for the batteries. Good Luck.

C

Cessna 182

Thanks

Well Saturday I let all the air out of that tire and filled it back up and still no luck. I guess I need a new senser. thanks for the suggestion.

Corvette
08 Jetstream Blue Z51 coupe
Cessna 182

I don't know where in KY you are but there are a couple tire shops near Bowling Green that will care for your rims. I had a sensor go out on my 02 and replaced it 2 weeks ago. I bought mine online from www.gmpartsdirect.com for $42 plus $10 shipping including the new nut to install it. It was $62 at the dealer without the nut. Your 99 takes a different sensor unless you have later wheels so you will need to figure out which one to buy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom