Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Left Tire Sensor Won't Read

C

Cessna 182

My left front tire sensor won't read even after reprograming. I gess the sensor is bad. I have the magnesium wheels and am afraid of a tire shop damaging them to change the sensor. I have two questions 1. how do you tell if the tire sensor is bad. 2. where is the best place to get it changed, a dealer or tire shop

Thanks

Jim

I had the same problem and finally fixed it be removing all the air from tire, then refilling it. The sensor came back to life and all was good. On a 99 your battery may be dead, on my 2000 it was not. We are both reaching, or have surpassed the end of life expectancy for the batteries. Good Luck.

Thanks

Well Saturday I let all the air out of that tire and filled it back up and still no luck. I guess I need a new senser. thanks for the suggestion.

Cessna 182

I don't know where in KY you are but there are a couple tire shops near Bowling Green that will care for your rims. I had a sensor go out on my 02 and replaced it 2 weeks ago. I bought mine online from www.gmpartsdirect.com for $42 plus $10 shipping including the new nut to install it. It was $62 at the dealer without the nut. Your 99 takes a different sensor unless you have later wheels so you will need to figure out which one to buy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom