Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Legal High Speed Run In Nevada! Be There

Anything goes, as long as it's safe; that is, it will have to pass a rigorous tech inspection meeting all requirements for your chosen class.

_ken

Ken said:
Anything goes, as long as it's safe; that is, it will have to pass a rigorous tech inspection meeting all requirements for your chosen class.

_ken

There are not just Vettes, all kinds of cars enter. The tech inspection is primarily centered on safety issues, tires, seat belts fire extinquishers. There is a general inspection but they expect you to know your car and have it in safe operating condition. Did you read the article and check the website. It's pretty clearly spelled out. I have called and e-mailed to clarify some issues. :beer

I read the rules and really want to run. Has anyone has asked if the C-4 construction will satisfy their requirement for a roll cage (up to 150mph, as a novice, with them).

Has anyone has asked if the C-4 construction will satisfy their requirement for a roll cage?

Moon? Anyone?

WhalePirot said:
Has anyone has asked if the C-4 construction will satisfy their requirement for a roll cage?

Moon? Anyone?
Yes, I beleive it will get you in the 150 average 165 tech but you will need to get a harness bar with harnesses for both the driver and passenger.

Yes, Jeff is right. They only approve certain harness bars though. I was talking with Dave from RD and he said that thiers is approved. I would double check that cause the guy I was talking with from Open Road did not recognize that brand or mention it in the two or three he mentioned. But Dave did describe the process he went through to get it approved.

FYI, from Carl Young:
For your first event your max speed will be below the roll cage speed requirement. You will need the harness. Any 5, or 6 point harness, (3" shoulder and lap belts) properly mounted will satisfy that requirement. I've used Simpson for years and found them to be fine. Be sure to check the dates on the harness.

WhalePirot said:
FYI, from Carl Young:
For your first event your max speed will be below the roll cage speed requirement. You will need the harness. Any 5, or 6 point harness, (3" shoulder and lap belts) properly mounted will satisfy that requirement. I've used Simpson for years and found them to be fine. Be sure to check the dates on the harness.

From the rule book Grand Sport Lower (GSL) GS1 (130), GS2 (135), GS3 (140) 168 MPH/150 MPH (Rookies). So you could go GS3, 140 average with a Tech of 150 :D Are you going? I'll be looking forward to meeting you sometime either there or here :beer

Oh yea, I have no intention to run that fast ;) , but then again I'm not around multi thousand HP engines all the time :L :beer

I really hope to be able to go. As you are seeing, it's not over with these modified cars, until.... who knows?
I have other things of higher priority at the moment than raising the rear Y-pipe, lowering the underhood temp. so the car will start reliably; getting the +3 back to ops okay, passing SMOG and installing a proper restraint system. None of those should take too long, but the time seems to race past faster than ever, especially when I am travelling half the month.
In any event, I hope we can meet somehow. You do look chilled, BTW, in the shades. LOL

Oh.. My...God, like it says, got my heart pounding
devilfire.gif

Ken said:
Now that's a soundtrack! :cool

Sure is :cool Well my wallet got a LOT lighter today. I sent in the entrance fees for The Pony Express, no turning back now! Speaking of sound, tomorrow I'm gonna post up a link to a little teeny video with sound to one or two of my runs over the weekend. It sounds sweet.

I let a freind with the same mods I have take a run in the car to see if he could get any morre out of it than I could. Well he did nail a perfect light but he didn't catch my best run in any other catagory, but he was close.

The other reason was I wanted to hear my car from the outside, but the car he ran against was so loud I couldn't really isolate mine in the roar :( ;LOL

I still haven't heard mine from a distance, or outside of the car, yet either. :(

They tell me it's loud, but sounds sweet. :cool

Ya know, speaking of sound, I have an in-car video set up that works pretty well, but I can't get decent sound. Anybody know what kind of mic I should be using? Right now I'm using a cheesy little mic that came with the CCD video head I bought.

Sorry for the side-track...

Barry

:) Sure do, my brother Cris is coming out from Pittsburgh to share the experience with me. :beer

Hey, Toto, are we in Kansas yet?

There ARE twisties in Nebraska?

WhalePirot said:
There ARE twisties in Nebraska?
From what I've heard about the race Mike, is that they're more like nineties than twisties. Word has it that several cars often find themselves in the middle of cornfields. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom