Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Let's hear those C4's!

J

Joe Deb Vette

I've been going back and forth for a year now trying to figure out what exhaust to put on my 94, and I'm still up in the air. When I go to the Corsa / Magnaflow, etc. sites all you see are C5's with sound clips. I'd love to hear what you guys have on your C4's! If you have sound clips / videos, would appreciate checking them out. My C4 does not have many mods, just a K&N Filter, new throttle body and a TPS Switch, so I'd love to add some HP too...

Thanks! Let's hear em!

you should contact jefnlsa on here, he has magnaflows and had a soundbite on his page. It sounds awsome. I have the magnaflows on my 94'. I like it and they are cheaper then the magnaflows since you only have to get the mufflers, not the whole cat-back system.
With the top down, you get a nice low rumble above the stock sound, which to me is almost non existent. With the top up and windows up, its not obnoxious at all.Sorry I dont have a sound bite of my own to share.

Corsa's probably the best. Cost's a lot more too. Borla is just as good if you can live with the resonance.

Corsa's probably the best. Cost's a lot more too. Borla is just as good if you can live with the resonance.

Resonance is an issue with all aftermarket exhaust systems EXCEPT Corsa. I don't have a sound bite of my Corsa, but just to let you know, I have no resonance at any speed or RPM. My vote is for Corsa.

exhaust

I've been going back and forth for a year now trying to figure out what exhaust to put on my 94, and I'm still up in the air. When I go to the Corsa / Magnaflow, etc. sites all you see are C5's with sound clips. I'd love to hear what you guys have on your C4's! If you have sound clips / videos, would appreciate checking them out. My C4 does not have many mods, just a K&N Filter, new throttle body and a TPS Switch, so I'd love to add some HP too...

Thanks! Let's hear em!

I too have tried countless configurations on my exhaust. I am looking for semi-loud with no resonance. I tried the Walker rear y-pipe with crossover, and this helped with resonance, but only after the pipes were warm. I run flow through stainless mufflers, but I added about a 3" perferated tube baffel into them to quiet it just a tad. The sound of the exhaust from outside the car is awesome, but resonance at certain RPM's gets on my nerves. I found a nice set of pipes at Corvette Central, which runs 2 seperate pipes the length of the car, with a small cross over at the mount under the transmission. I just started the installation today, and won't get the mufflers on till tomorrow. I really believe the 2 into 1 into 2 OEM system is the major cause of corvette resonance. I will find out tomorrow. KEEP YOU POSTED. By the way, there is no way I'm going to shell out $2000 for an exhaust system.

I too have tried countless configurations on my exhaust. I am looking for semi-loud with no resonance. I tried the Walker rear y-pipe with crossover, and this helped with resonance, but only after the pipes were warm. I run flow through stainless mufflers, but I added about a 3" perferated tube baffel into them to quiet it just a tad. The sound of the exhaust from outside the car is awesome, but resonance at certain RPM's gets on my nerves. I found a nice set of pipes at Corvette Central, which runs 2 seperate pipes the length of the car, with a small cross over at the mount under the transmission. I just started the installation today, and won't get the mufflers on till tomorrow. I really believe the 2 into 1 into 2 OEM system is the major cause of corvette resonance. I will find out tomorrow. KEEP YOU POSTED. By the way, there is no way I'm going to shell out $2000 for an exhaust system.

Damn rights! $2000 for stink pipes, outragous, if we don't buy them for that price they will lower the price eventually.

The two sets of Flowmasters I have used got a bit loud for my taste, with age. I also did not like the rust formation on them; the only rust I have seen on an exhaust system in this dry climate.

After mucking about with different things to lower RPM related resonance, I think it is caused by the flat shape of the muffler, pounding sound waves into the cavity where the fuel tank sits; a nice echo chamber. Shorter vs longer tips did naught; two rolls of FatMat did very little to lower the exhaust beat inside my Vette, which I now think comes from the too-loud exhaust.

CAC would not accept upload of a .wav file.:w

I found a nice set of pipes at Corvette Central, which runs 2 seperate pipes the length of the car, with a small cross over at the mount under the transmission. I just started the installation today, and won't get the mufflers on till tomorrow. I really believe the 2 into 1 into 2 OEM system is the major cause of corvette resonance. I will find out tomorrow. KEEP YOU POSTED.

I was looking at the same setup from Corvette Central for my '86. Did you finish the installation, and if so, how do you like it?

Im all for the sound of muscle:loubut I like to hear the music too. I searched for a while because of the many products&claims. After my call to Corsa I made my decission to go with the pulse power cat. back sys.. It did all they said it would. Most all the sound goes out the back with a growl (important to me with top down) The look from the rear says this car has an attitude. Check out this site for great price for Coras systems http://www.partsandaccessories.com :upthumbs Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom