Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Let's Talk L81VetteRegistry

thanks Bud....
good luck Paul....
hope to see you in Cleveland...

btw let me know when the store opens up ,I need a new hat...

I don't think I remember stress and headaches being mentioned earlier... ;LOL

PB,

We know it is no picnic to take such an endeavor on behalf of our L81 membership, but for one, appreciate the fact that you have volunteered to do this, and all will be well for the L81VetteRegistry. Thanks a million!

Wow Bud, Never thought you'd give up "Rare"! Just wanted to say Thank You for all the hard work you put into the registry. Enjoy the new ride! I hope to get my wife a C5 with the next year or so myself, as soon as our youngest daughter gets her license.
I remember the Bowling Green gathering for SharkFest. Along with the :beer and blender creations of "The Dog"!!! AH Good times, Good Times!
Take care my friend,
Zane

:w Zane

Nice to see you around :upthumbs

You haven't seen RARE since she is finished :rotfl She looks as good as yours now ;) and YES she is still here with me, but she is for sale.

So we left quite the impression on you with SharkFest... yea we've been known to have a pretty good time :chuckle

Thanks for saying something nice about me :boogie (So how much do I owe you now ;LOL

Stop by more often and share a few photo's of that gorgeous 1981 ya got :dance

Bud

Hows this Bud. Have you seen mine snice I put new wheels and tires on her?

IMGP0266.jpg

IMGP0265.jpg

Here's a salute to my friend Bud aka YODA, the Rare81. :pat
Talk about a real Corvette-head, Bud fits the bill all the way.
I was lucky enough to meet Bud & Nancy on a Corvette run through Yosemite way back in ... '99 ?? That meeting has made made the last 7 or so years full of memories and trips that otherwise, most likely would never have been duplicated.
2 trips from Cal to Bowling Green ... in the SHARKS !!
The Arizona Show. Runs to Tahoe. Countless days working on the DoG in his garage. He did most of the wrenchin'. I kept the glasses full and passed him an occasional smoke when it was break-time.
If you're lucky enough to have one or two friends like Bud, you've done well.
I'm glad to see that the 81 Registry will go on, as nobody will ever quite know how much time, and then more time, he put into trying to give the 81ers a top notch registry.
Beyond the time, was the $$$ out of his pocket in having a store with 81 stuff. Pretty cool, eh ?
So, Budster, as wierd as it is to see pix of your 2003 ... a big congrats from the DawG. You have earned it many times over.:m
Thanks for lettin me tag along.

Bud,

I haven't been on the registry for very long but I am impressed with the site and am happy that I was able to find it. You have done a great job and I am sure that the competency will continue. I would offer help but webmastery is not me. Unless, I suddenly become a web genius it is better that I enjoy the fruits of others. Thanks for all you did.

I already have a webhosting company that hosts my other web sites. So. I'd be willing to domain transfer L81VetteRegistry.com , but I don't want to pay 2 companies for web services

If Tim is bailing, my son is pretty proficient in php. I wouldn't want to change anything, as it's well established as it sits.

-Paul

Paul a quick question - did you take over the L81 Vette Registry? If so, when will we be allowed to upload pictures of our cars to the the site?

Paul a quick question - did you take over the L81 Vette Registry? If so, when will we be allowed to upload pictures of our cars to the the site?

I did take it over. Tim told me he deactivated the picture uploads for security reasons, which just means we need to come up with an alternative method (probably emailing them to me). But, I ask everyone to be a bit patient while this is being transitioned. We're learning code we didn't write, so no changes are taking place right now until we're comfortable we don't blow things up.

The site is still up in a static state to protect all the work thats been done so far. We're working through pictures, passwords etc and Tim and Bud have been answering questions very promptly.

In the middle of all this, I'm amidst a house hunt / purchase thing, which means momma wants me focusing on packing. (you know the keep momma happy rule). :)

To All L81'er's

Paul and his son will need time to sort everything out. Each Web Designer has their own way of setting up a site. While the Registry seems very straight forward, there are things Tim (our former Web Master) Designed and wrote codes for and each page is unique to the point that they were Designed esp. for our Registry, they were NOT copies or software cookie cutter type layouts.

The Registry requires attention daily. There are New Membership applications to review, and approve, correspondence from other websites, vendors and some idiots just out to push a few buttons and try to screw something up.

The server company provides upgrades, updates and sometimes it takes a little bit of research or discussion with them to exactly figure out what it is they did or want to do.

It is my understanding that the photo pages actually allowed a very small window of opportunity for someone with some computer skills, to hack into the control of the Registry and provide themself a means of access to USE our site for other than Corvette Related purposes...

We all need to give Paul sometime to get things sorted out, get his new home purchased, and support the site and get other L81 owners to register.

If Tim and I did not beleive in Paul, we would still be searching for someone to take over the Registry. Once everything gets sorted out, Paul will take the Registry to the next level of excellence :upthumbs

Bud Dougherty
aka Rare81

Hey Bud

I remember the ride you gave me in Rare at the first cruise fest in Indiana. You popped the clutch and the front came up so fast I about peed my pants. I hope who ever buys that car brings it to future cruise fests so everyone can see it again. I'm also considering selling my 88 convertable. My wife had chosen that car for her & me to ride around in and do things together, but she became sick and it never happened. Other than going to cruise fests, it just sits in the garage. A couple of weeks ago my wife succumbed to her illness and I don't think I would enjoy driving it anymore. Do you have any idea what I should ask for it? I the attachment worked, there is a pix of our cars with some old guy between them.
Denny

I remember the ride you gave me in Rare at the first cruise fest in Indiana. You popped the clutch and the front came up so fast I about peed my pants. I hope who ever buys that car brings it to future cruise fests so everyone can see it again. I'm also considering selling my 88 convertable. My wife had chosen that car for her & me to ride around in and do things together, but she became sick and it never happened. Other than going to cruise fests, it just sits in the garage. A couple of weeks ago my wife succumbed to her illness and I don't think I would enjoy driving it anymore. Do you have any idea what I should ask for it? I the attachment worked, there is a pix of our cars with some old guy between them.
Denny

How many RARE81's are there!??! That one's from Cal - e - forn - eee -ya, not Amarillo Tax-us :boogie

;) be asured there is only ONE Rare81 in Body and Soul, but probably many Rare81's in Fiberglass and Leather ;LOL
(At least 315 with the UL5 Options, then factor in 84L & the Only other Options MM4, N90, QGR & C49) ;shrug

Bud
Rare81
Yoda
!@$#!

Denny,

I so sorry to hear of your loss... I sent a PM
Keep your head up my friend, and stay intouch..

Bud Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom