Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

License Predicament

FlagCraig

Corvette
2003 Anniversary Edition Coupe
Yesterday had my emissions test, registered the car (2003) and picked up license plate. Previous owner let me use his license plate until I got mine. When I got home I went to change the plate and could not figure out how to get the old one off. I have changed many plates in my life but this one has me stumped. It has 4 screws but it is also attached to the back up lights with a plastic frame. I looked through the owners manual for assistance but could not find anything.
Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thanks.

Yesterday had my emissions test, registered the car (2003) and picked up license plate. Previous owner let me use his license plate until I got mine. When I got home I went to change the plate and could not figure out how to get the old one off. I have changed many plates in my life but this one has me stumped. It has 4 screws but it is also attached to the back up lights with a plastic frame. I looked through the owners manual for assistance but could not find anything.
Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thanks.
If you Look real Hard there 2 little slots in the frame on each end, next to License plate side insert a small screwdriver and release the 4 clips in the frame!!!:upthumbs

Someone else will know for certain but I believe the plastic frame is pressure fit from side to side?

If you Look real Hard there 2 little slots in the frame on each end, next to License plate side insert a small screwdriver and release the 4 clips in the frame!!!:upthumbs

thanks. i'll try it this evening.

Worked great. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom