Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Light Oak Seats

Corvette
2000 Dark Bowling Green Metalic Convertable
I have the light oak seats in my 2000. The driver's seat has developed a dark stain across the back at belt level. :( A local detailer told me that it is from my black leather belt and that the only way to get the stain out is to re-dye the seat.:confused

Has anyone heard of this before and does this sound true?

I have tried every leather clearner I can find with no success.

have the same problem on my modified red z06 seats. the drivers side has a, almost dirty looking, stain(???) just about where my belt hits the seat. i've tried several cleaners, but nothing would touch it. upon close inspection, i determined that it wasn't dirt or a stain from my belt, but the finish was wearing off. my solution was to buy a new leather seat cover. i got a replacement from gmpartsdirect for right around $84 + $16 s/h. before i install the new covering, i may try to redye the panel...

another quick note, i had a 2000 NBM/light oak coupe, and never had this kind of problem... (???)

JoeC - 2004 black/mod red z05, 1985 silver graphite z51 coupe - both daily drivers

seat stain follow-up -

as you know, i had the "belt stain" across the drivers seat back. well i bought a replacement cover from GM, and had it installed. it looked like crap compared to the original. the original was a snug fit whereas the replacement was a loose and sloppy fit. the shop that installed it said they did the best they could - blah, blah, blah... i took the seat and re-installed the cover myself (should have done this myself the first time!). anyway, it looks a 100% better, but still does not look as good as the oringinal.

i ran acrross a woman that repairs leather interior for local dealerships. i figured i wouldn't have anything to loose, so i gave her the original cover for a re-dye. well i got it back yesterday, and the re-dye is perfect, and it only cost me $35. - !!! i have contacted a mercedes dealer and ask them who they would send their interior work to for a seat recover. they spoke very highly of a shop in canton ohio, so i'll be going there on my next off day. will post the final outcome - :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom