Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

light smoke on a '93' HELP

F

first

I am looking at a 93 vette 6spd with 29K on it. The cars appearance is excellent in and out and drives fine.While checking the car it was shut off and restarted (after a 20min ride) 3 times. When the owner started the last time and drove away I noticed a slight puff of smoke he claims this is normal.It looked more white then blue but I can’t be sure.I’m looking for my first vette so any help in this area would be appreciated.

White is WATER!

Blue is Oil.....

Let it sit for 2 hrs ( or over night )... put some paper towels down by the exhaust ....on the ground.

Have somebody start her up... you watch the tail pipe..... If you get some green dots on the paper towels...... you got problems...

If it's clear..... it's condensation...

How much are they askin?

Also... have the car PROFESSIONALLY inspected... BY SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS VETTES!!!!!!!

cheap insurance

Vig!

Another great tip. I never noticed any smoke from mine, have it checked out. Unless it is super deal I would probably pass one that one. Just my $.02.

I have seen a couple reasons for smoking... some because cars sit alot, some because high miles, some not cared for... but more likely it seems like some guys never really open their cars up... It doesn't hurt to run wide open every once in a while... My Dad has a 98 PC that puffs smoke on startup... I am convinced it is because he never drives it hard

Bah Vigs right, it could be condensation. In other words Nothing is wrong with the car. Cars brand new do that. You can see that in the Winter or when Its very humid outside sometimes after a good rain. Or if the guy uses Ethanol enriched gasoline your going to get some water vapor from the pipe.( thats that environment friendly gas)

I agree do the green dot cheese cloth trick and see if its coolant. If not theres nothing wrong with this car! So proceed to have it professionally inspected to check for everything else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom