Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

mvftw

Corvette
'78 Real S/A, L82, 4spd
I want to thank Corvette Repair for last nights annual open shop. Kevin Mackay & his crew did another Great job! A list of the cars that were on display...'59 in primer, '65 396 done, '66 427 almost done, now the good stuff...'67 L88 (1 of 3 known to be left) body & frame done, '66 L88 (1st L88 made) done, '60 (factory racer) done, '59 (purple people eater) done...WOW:s

Sounds like a good time. I've seen the Purple People Eater and the '66 L88 several times. Amazing cars. Did you get any pictures?

Tom

There great, but my favorite will be the '67 L88, right now it's in frame-off stage. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Did you stick around to hear the Penke road racer? Kevin fired it up at the end of the night - awesome sound :eek

By the way that was my white Mustang out front:D

I was one of the last ones to leave...it did sound great! I made a comment on your car...'whats a ford doing here'...LOL. Did you notice that every bolt had saftey wire, not just the headers, and it had steel braided hoses, I asked Kevin if that was added for modern day saftey, he said No, it came that way in '66...I can't wait for the '67 L88 to get finished...:crazy

I saw that - not unusual for a race car though, things tend to vibrate loose under those conditions. I take that Mustang everywhere, especially since the Vette is still under construction. Finished the Mustang 10 years ago. It'll time for another round once the Vette is finished.

Had the Mustang in the Corvette show in Huntington last year, right at the entrance too. Got to talk to lots of people that way:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom