Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lingenfelter Corvettes - Come On In

Jay - any late breaking news?
Remo:cool
:pukePicked up my Corvette on Friday the 21st.On the way home torque converter/trany acting up had a code of po894.They are having a transporter pick it up and take it back to them.This is the 2nd converter they put in, the first one had a cracked weld.;shrug

Boston, MA

From the home of the World Series Champions - this 2005
Machine Silver Lingenfelter. WOW....so many fast "silver" cars.

CVSM%20(1).JPG

Lingenfelter Brother

:pukePicked up my Corvette on Friday the 21st.On the way home torque converter/trany acting up had a code of po894.They are having a transporter pick it up and take it back to them.This is the 2nd converter they put in, the first one had a cracked weld.;shrug

Jay - so they did some work to the torque converter..correct? If yes, the repairs are on them. Be that as it may, it's still frustrating, I'm sure. The good news is that these giuys know what they're doing. Keep us updated.

Here's a great looking.......2007 Lingenfelter Z06. This one develops
right around 630 HP

lpe_comm_ed_qtr_cropped.jpg

Nice pic, the car looks pretty good too! :) I do have a question though, if it is a Z06, then why did Lingenfelter take off the rear fender panels and slap on standard coupe body panels?

Jim - Here's another "silver" Lingenfelter. This one's from the San Diego area. Just a rumor...but I heard once the Navy saw this beauty they repainted all their F14 Tom Cats to match.:L

Yet another beautiful car. :thumb I love the black wheels on the silver body. Unfortunately, who ever told you that rummor about the F-14's lied. The Navy decommissioned it's last F-14 squadron in Virginia Beach, back in September of 2006. Perhaps they meant to say F-18 Hornets. :beer

Jason

Good Catch...Typo

Nice pic, the car looks pretty good too! :) I do have a question though, if it is a Z06, then why did Lingenfelter take off the rear fender panels and slap on standard coupe body panels?
Jason

Jason - my mistake Cristen and her husband bought a Commemorative
Edition 427 Twin Turbo from Ligenfielter which uses a "standard" C6 body.
This is a later shot with some different wheels. And speaking of bodies..........

Cristenwhiterearquartertag.jpg

LPECommEdition1.jpg

I recently purchased a z16. I am considering Lingenfelter in the future. Does their 36k mi. warranty apply to vehicles which are not new? How is reliability after installation of the supercharger? I am also concerned about resale value and the Lingenfelter mods affecting the collectible quality of my z16. What is your advice, Remo?

Stay Stock or Go Fast?

I recently purchased a z16. I am considering Lingenfelter in the future. Does their 36k mi. warranty apply to vehicles which are not new? How is reliability after installation of the supercharger? I am also concerned about resale value and the Lingenfelter mods affecting the collectible quality of my z16. What is your advice, Remo?

Tim - if you're concerned with the affect a Lingenfelter package will have on the resale or collectability
value of your Z16, then don't do it. On the other hand, if you want a Z16 that will suck the head lights
out of most street cars, then go for it. As far as the 36K Lingenfelter warranty goes, theyll dicuss that
with you once the deal gets serious. For the most part they don't want a motor that has super high milage
or has been trashed. I dealt with Tim Dyer, 260-724-2525....good guy.

2209786100103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Tim - if you're concerned with the affect a Lingenfelter package will have on the resale or collectability
value of your Z16, then don't do it. On the other hand, if you want a Z16 that will suck the head lights
out of most street cars, then go for it. As far as the 36K Lingenfelter warranty goes, theyll dicuss that
with you once the deal gets serious. For the most part they don't want a motor that has super high milage
or has been trashed. I dealt with Tim Dyer, 260-724-2525....good guy.

2209786100103361744S600x600Q85.jpg
Thanks Remo. I'm kinda torn between the need for more speed and keeping it collectible. How about reliability? Can you go out and run hard repeatedly without issues? A supercharger is supposed to be low maintenance. . .I have never had one. Thanks for your advice and feedback.

Thanks Remo. I'm kinda torn between the need for more speed and keeping it collectible. How about reliability? Can you go out and run hard repeatedly without issues? A supercharger is supposed to be low maintenance. . .I have never had one. Thanks for your advice and feedback.

Tim - Mine was a cam heads package. I did not go with a supercharger
because the noise at idle drives me crazy. If I were you, I'd find someone
with a supercharged vette and go for ride just to make sure. However,
the work Lingenfelter did to mine yeilded 452 RWHP. We went with the biggest
cam possible that would still keep me within the MA emissions standards. As far
as reliability goes it been about two years now and its still perfect.

Something else you need to consider if you go with the supercharger package is
the new hood. Even though the price includes the hood color matched to the car
they might want a little more to do the Z16 stripes.

2564495910103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

How many Z16's where made? I did'nt know they where collectable. If they made alot of them, having a Lingenfelter Z16 would make it more rare, therefore more collectable. I have driven the supercharged version and loved it. Do'nt like the highrise hood though. You could always have a Vortech supercharger installed and avoid the hood issue,or even a twin turbo. I love Lingenfelter, but they are not the only tuners around.

How many Z16's where made? I did'nt know they where collectable. If they made alot of them, having a Lingenfelter Z16 would make it more rare, therefore more collectable. I have driven the supercharged version and loved it. Do'nt like the highrise hood though. You could always have a Vortech supercharger installed and avoid the hood issue,or even a twin turbo. I love Lingenfelter, but they are not the only tuners around.

There were around 1,750 sold in the states and a couple hundred overseas. So I would imagine that some day they will be collectible? Having sold cars before, I am hesitant to mod it because bone stock is usually more desirable years down the road. The car has plenty of power as is, but you know how it gets. More is never enough.

Dallas, Texas

A terrific 2001 Z06 with a Lingenfelter Superchager @ just above 500 HP.

Decided to go with Vortech setup at A&A. I await shipment as I write this. Should be between 520 and 550 rwhp when installed. Didn't want to have to change any internals. I will let you guys know how it does.
Tim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom