Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Located rebuilder for T04/IHI turbos

S

Stan A

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can now save money on turbos repairs/replacement

I have found a company that is now setup with the parts to rebuild the original Rotomaster T04 that comes on the 1988-1991 Callaway cars.

Their prices are reasonable and they are offering Callaway Owners Group a discount.

They also are doing rebuilds on the IHI turbos too. They now offer a better performaing replacement unit here that will spool up faster and increase air flow by 30 to 40 percent.

Contact me directly for the individual and company info.

Stan

Stan

Stan's the Man!!!!

Nice going. This is great news!! I have a spare T04 that I might want to get rebuilt just for "stock". Can you email pricing to me?

:Twist :_rock

It was about time!

I thought we were going to be in trouble at first. Then I got a call and the additional good news is we all will receive a discount on any work.

I will pass on all info next week when I receive.

David is so happy! He thought he was going to have to learn how to re-build and repair turbos. He has a big smile on his face.

Take care,
Stan

Not Yet

I will call them tomorrow if I have not received anything back.

Hang in there.............

INFO

Here is what I have at this time. The racing IHI do not work with the Callaway setup.

What they purpose is to take the standard unit from the Callaway. Install a complete ball baring inter assembly and port and polish the entire unit. They estimate an increase of 35% to 50% more flow due to the changes mentioned. Early figures on cost can reach to $1500 or so. Not cheap but not real expensive. All work is by hand.

We still have standard repair services on both turbo types at reasonable prices.

They are looking to another possible way of improving the IHI setup. I hope to hear back sometime next week. However, they are slow with their info.

Stan

Well not EXACTLY the news we wanted but still good news :)

Stan - Email me some info on pricing if you have it. It sounds like they do performance rebuilds? Give me some numbers for polishing the housings and ceramic coating the exhaust side for the T04Bs. Thanks!

Will Do!

I'll call them next week if I have not heard further word.

Take care,
Stan

Have we been able to figure out how the extra airflow stacks up to the T04?

Got some word

The company that will do rebuilds and updates that I spoke about sometime back are now ready to help us.

Cost are low! IHI updating is set to be done on an individual basis. Costs can reach as high $1500 per turbo but should be well worth. They do not have any numbers to share but guarantee that the update will be well worth the money.

Any one who is interested in these services please contact me directly. I will put you in contact with the group.

Take care all,

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom