Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Location of Chime Module

pgtr

Corvette
96Cpe
...on '96?

I have a FSM set on the way but not here yet... I've got no 'chimes' all of sudden for lights, keys etc... No warning, just stopped working. CCM menu option does not 'wake it up' or 'sound' it either. Several previous threads indicate the 'chime module' to be a likely culprit. Wondering where this is located.

Thanks for any info!

The chime module is located under the top dash panel pad on the right side of the dash cluster area kinda above the AC control head and behind the DIC display. To get to it you need to remove the dash cover. If I recall it's velcroed to the top of the PKE Module.

Pry up the center defroster vent where the solar sensor is and disconnect the panel.
Remove the phillip screws holding the air vents in place
Remove the screws holding the dash pad. I don't know about the air bag on the passengerside but on non air bag cars that have a glove box there are screws in that area that hold the dash pad on.

If you need to remove the air bad. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait 15 minutes before messing with the air bag.

If all of the screws are removed, the pad will slide back and lift off.

95chimelocation.jpg

The chime module willl have a 4 wire connector.
Pin A is a Orange wire which is 12 volts from the LCD fuse #38 and is hot at all times.
Pin B is a Purple/White wire that is grounded by the CCM for the chime 2 sound.
Pin C is a Dark Blue/White wire that is grounded by the CCM for the chime 1 sound.
When both Chime 1 and Chime 2 wires are grounded by the CCM chime tone 3 sounds.

Pin D is a Black/white wire and is ground,

So if you remove the module and apply 12 volts to the Orange wire and ground the Black/white wire, you can test the module tones by manually grounding the Chime 1 and Chime 2 inputs.

95chime.jpg

...sigh - it's up in there I see. Thanks very much for sharing this info! Great group of helpful folks here in the C4 boards!!! Hope I can return the favors.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom