Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! locked out of 97 c5

targatom

Corvette
1985 n 1997
Hi, Is there any trick way of getting into my c5 with all the keys locked in the car. I really dont want to call AAA if I dont have to. I know its unlikely, but is there some secret cable somewhere for that?

man, I hope some theif doesnt see this

Hi,

Since the car is fairly new to me, I havnt figured out a lot of the optional stuff yet, I dont know about passive keyless entry at all, I sure hope a thief doesnt see this, if anyone else has tips, why dontcha call me at 98nine five seven three thirty seven 80 for more confidential info providing, I will try the rocking though.

if you have passive keyless entry turned on, just rock the car back and forth.

Last edited:
Hi,

Since the car is fairly new to me, I havnt figured out a lot of the optional stuff yet, I dont know about passive keyless entry at all, I sure hope a thief doesnt see this, if anyone else has tips, why dontcha call me at 989 573 3780 for more confidential info providing, I will try the rocking though.

your key fobs should have a switch on them. the switch turns passive on and off. Off is with the switch part slid to the left. on is with it switched to the right. passive keyless entry basically means you don't push buttons to unlock the car... walk up to it, it unlocks... walk away, it locks. the car finds you vs you finding the car. The key fob works on motion so it doesn't kill the battery. by shaking the car you will 'wake up' the fob and it will send out the unlock signal. because it is in the car, it is in range, and the doors unlock.

these remotes are rare. and expensive. if you have a newer or aftermarket remote, it won't have the feature. and of course, you can turn it off

Rocking the car works sometimes........Sometimes it doesn't work, Right LT4Man?

If you are close to home, look through the "pile of stuff" that the prior owner gave you with the car. Inside one of the informational envelopes is an almost credit card looking deal which has a courtesy key. I suppose it's meant to be carried in your wallet. The key slides part way out of the plastic.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom