Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Log-In and Posting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
This is just a general FYI for forum members that run into problems with either posting or logging into the forums.

If you experience a situation where you are always being prompted to log in while trying to post/reply to a message, or you run into any problems with how the forums operate, please contact us so that we can help you.

On every page of this site is a link to a simple contact form that you can fill out and submit to us. If you do so, I would ask that you please try to provide me with as much detail as you can because the more detail you provide, the easier it is for me to diagnose the problem and formulate a solution.

It's the same as bringing your Corvette to a dealer for repairs. The more details the service technician has, the easier it is for him/her to determine the problem and fix it.

If you are having problems with logging into the forums, chances are, you have the incorrect settings set in your control panel.

When you register, you are asked if you wish to use cookies while browsing the forums. I highly suggest that you choose YES. Cookies are not the dangerous little beings that everyone thinks they are. As related to these forums, they are used to recognize who you are on your computer and allow you to be instantly logged into the forums without having to manually log in each and every time.

Cookies CAN NOT record personal data about who you are or anything like that.

If you are having problems with logging in, chances are, either you deleted the cookies or you have the following settings under EDIT OPTIONS set incorrectly:

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) yes no

Browse board with cookies?
Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems when sharing links with people behind the same proxy as you) yes no

My suggestion is to set both of these to YES for optimal functionality.

Again, if you run into problems with the forums, please contact us. If you do not make an attempt to contact us, we have no way of determining that you are having a problem.

• Admin
Fix For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Users

In your browser window:

1. Go to Tools >> Internet Options >> Privacy.

2. Click on the Advanced tab.

3. Check "override automatic cookie handling" and check "accept for "first party cookies" and "third party cookies". Also check "Always allow session cookies".

• Admin
To start a new thread (topic), press the "New Thread" button in a forum:

newthread.gif

To reply to an existing thread (topic), press the "Post Reply" button:

reply.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom