Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Londoner (Ontario Canada)

Londoner

Corvette
1988 Grey metallic roadster
I realize this topic has been addressed, but here goes. I'm going to attempt to replace the 4 dash bulbs in my 88 corvette. My question is: Do I require the bi-pin bulbs or the wedge type bulbs? The 882 bulbs come in both forms, and I'm confused. The xenon bulbs suggested in one forum are bi-pin, but the bulbs from some of the suppliers are wedge type. I haven't removed the bezel yet, and don't want to order the wrong bulbs.

I realize this topic has been addressed, but here goes. I'm going to attempt to replace the 4 dash bulbs in my 88 corvette. My question is: Do I require the bi-pin bulbs or the wedge type bulbs? The 882 bulbs come in both forms, and I'm confused. The xenon bulbs suggested in one forum are bi-pin, but the bulbs from some of the suppliers are wedge type. I haven't removed the bezel yet, and don't want to order the wrong bulbs.
Hi, They are bi-pin, at least mine are. Same year. Roger.

Interesting post. My dash is sometimes dark on one or two of the sectors, so far running over a pothole or smacking the dash will cause them to light up.
However this won't last forever - sooooo are my 89's bulbs the same two-pin type as shown here? If som I'll get 4 of them and hold for future use.
Tony

Hi Londoner and tonylong, Yes that is the correct fitment for 88/89, you may want to get 8 amp though. It took me about 40 minutes to replace them on mine. Roger.

Hi Londoner and tonylong, Yes that is the correct fitment for 88/89, you may want to get 8 amp though. It took me about 40 minutes to replace them on mine. Roger.

"8 amp"?? I don't see an amp rating. The only listing is 5 watt.
Can you say further?
tony

Sorry, I meant 8 watt,they are available But perhaps not through this supplier. Roger.

Roger & Tony: I'm going to order the xenon bulbs, and I'll post the results (hopefully positive) of my project. Dash replacement and/or repair is considerably more expensive in Canada.

Terry P.

Damn, London, ONT. I get up there at least once a year, as i have a couple of ZR-1 guys fly me in for some work. I should be coming back in Feb this time around. I'll let you know when I do.

Damn, London, ONT. I get up there at least once a year, as i have a couple of ZR-1 guys fly me in for some work. I should be coming back in Feb this time around. I'll let you know when I do.

Hi Jeffvette: Let me know, and we'll get together. I'll be here in February, hopefully I'll be in Florida in March.

Terry.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom