Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Long Shot - trying to find information on my Corvette, former owners, its history

BOSTONCAMARO

Corvette
Hello All,

I am somewhat new to this forum, I am pretty active on corvetteforum.com but wanted to post here to see if you guys had ideas on how I may have a shot at getting information on my car. I am pretty far along in restoring the car, but here are pictures from when we first got it.

I know but it does have a base sticker on it and was registered out of New York. I also know that the DMV is usually not to much help as they don't want to release personal info about former owners etc.

The 69 Corvette spent most of its life off the road, in NY. It was last on the road in 1985. I certainly do not want to bother anyone, just thought it would be cool to know some of its history. It was a 350 350 4 Speed car with 4:11 gears. The car also came with a driveshaft loop, so perhaps was raced at one point. It has a Bethpage Chevy Dealership parts label on it, it was hit in the rear at one point and I believe the rear clip was replaced there - I believe the parts went to MidTown Chevy in NYC, but perhaps the owner or the car were from Bethpage or been there for service at some point. The car also had a DDS emblem on the rear panel and a Ft. Dix entry decal. Maybe someone was an Army dentist? I do believe there may have only been one owner of the car. I am restoring the car now, here are some before.

If this strikes a bell with anyone, please get in touch.

Regards, Tim
sfaboston (at) hotmail.com

Attachments

• VT.jpg
    VT.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 102
  • VTFOUR.jpg
    VTFOUR.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 104
  • VTTHREE.jpg
    VTTHREE.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 104
  • VTTWO.jpg
    VTTWO.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 100

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom