Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Long Tube Headers

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I'm looking into installing long tube headers and need some help. Who has done this modification and who are the best manufacturers? Any tips would be appreciated. Also, what type of gains should be expected?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Sal

Hey Sal,

I put LG streets on mine with GHL Magnums.

Here is a Video.

Also American racing LT's are real popular right now.

Peace
Chip

I did the DynaMaxx. Work very well, but unless you have access to a lift, its not the easiest DIY. Some LT's are easier to install than others, so check around. The DynaMaxx's were really easy, a bit time consuming, to install. The only issue I had was getting the front end up >36" so the driver's side could be slid in from the bottom. The passenger side goes in from the top.

HTH

Chip,
That drive by video sounds pretty darned cool. Is there any resonance at speed? Any droning. Can you have a normal conversation with your passenger?

Thanks
lone73

Thanks all for the responses. I'll let you know which direction I go.

Chip,
That drive by video sounds pretty darned cool. Is there any resonance at speed? Any droning. Can you have a normal conversation with your passenger?

Thanks
lone73

Resonance is sooo subjective...

What I can tell you is that my Magnums have almost no resonance to my ear. My wife says she can hear it at 1650 rpms. I have a MN6 with 3.90's so I am almost never ever there.

If you have a a A4 with 2.73's or 3.15's, that is about 65 MPH on the HWY...

If you are drone sensitive, than I recommend that you go with the Magnum Plus or the Bullets. They have 6" cans and have little or no drone...

Any way you slice it, they have very little drone when compared to some of the other systems out there.

Peace
Chip

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom