Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking at a Grand Sport!

GS Diva

Moderator,
Corvette
2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06
I'm going to look into a Grand Sport convertible, 6 speed, with only 3,000 miles on Saturday. Anything special I should be aware of?

Lemon Peel aka Elaine

Good Luck Elaine, will you be giving up the 88 ? or are you adding to the stable.
Joe V.

75corvette said:
Good Lucl Elaine, will you be giving up the 88 ? or are you adding to the stable.
Joe V.

Oh, I wish I could add to the stable...but I might give up Lemon!! Of course, the deal would have to be really good as I'm so attached to "her"!!

Elaine

I know it would be tough to part with her but I'm sure you will find her a good home. It may be time to move on and what better way to move then in a Grand Sport. Go for it Elaine. it'll be like taking the training wheels off your bicycle. :upthumbs

What should you watch for?

How about "love at first sight"? ;)

Good luck, and I hope it turns out to be a great deal for you! I'm sure you'd love a GS!
Silver

LemonPeel said:
I'm going to look into a Grand Sport convertible, 6 speed, with only 3,000 miles on Saturday. Anything special I should be aware of?

Lemon Peel aka Elaine
is it Steves car that your looking at, if it is it's in pristine shape as he never takes it out of the garage... (don't tell him I said that ) :L

Re: Re: Looking at a Grand Sport!

supernatural400 said:
is it Steves car that your looking at, if it is it's in pristine shape as he never takes it out of the garage... (don't tell him I said that ) :L

No, it's not Steve's car, although I spoke to him about his just a couple of weeks ago. I just learned about this other one on the North Shore with even less miles than Steve's!

Imagine...two of these rare convertibles for sale in our area!

Elaine

Elaine,

I'd have to say go for it! There is not too much you need to look at specificly for the GS that you wouldnt look at on another 'Vette.

Hey, if you do buy the GS you can join me and the rest of the GS'rs at the Grand Sport Registry. We've got membership stickers with the last 3 digets of the cars VIN on them. Not to mention custom floor mats... The list goes on.

Let us know what you do.:)

Jason

twiget said:

Let us know what you do.:)

Jason

I'll let everyone know after Saturday when we'll see the GS!

Elaine

It's a No Go...

Well, after agonizing the better part of today, we've decided NOT to buy the gorgeous '96 Grand Sport! I'm pretty sure I can comfortably live with our decision...retirement is literally upon us, not in the far distant future, so we've decided not to spend a large amount of money or obtain a car loan for a "toy"! The GS was absolutely beautiful and was fantastic to drive...smooth, soft clutch, very responsive in all ways...and they offered me a great trade-in price for Lemon, but we decided to let it go. Maybe another time! In the meantime, Lemon is resting comfortably next to her big brother in the garage and I'm sure is breathing a sigh of relief!!

Elaine

It's always good to test the waters and see what's on the other side Elaine. Even though the GS sounds like it was hard to pass up, with retirement issues in mind, I think you made a sound decision. There will be other opportunities for a new/additional Corvette in the future.

Rob said:
It's always good to test the waters and see what's on the other side Elaine. Even though the GS sounds like it was hard to pass up, with retirement issues in mind, I think you made a sound decision. There will be other opportunities for a new/additional Corvette in the future.

Thanks, Rob, for saying just the right things!! Makes me feel even more confident about our decision.

Elaine

Hi Elaine . I wholehartedly reccomend retirement . Since you already have your Vette the best thing you can get now is the time to enjoy it more . It and alot of other things !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom