Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Looking for 1975 350/L48 Emission Hose Routing Diagram

Stage Left

Corvette
1975 Corvette/ Stingray
Looking for some help.

Trying to find a 1975 Emission Hose Routing Block Diagram / 350 L48 engine vin J
Want to reconnect EGR and Air pump.;shrug

Hi John Z

I don't have a Doc rebuild Cat or Assembly manual. I only have a Haynes Repair Manual, Does not show what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the reply.
Tom

Looking for some help.

Trying to find a 1975 Emission Hose Routing Block Diagram / 350 L48 engine vin J
Want to reconnect EGR and Air pump.;shrug

If I remember correctly... the '80 and my '78 had systems like yours. So, here is what I remember-

AIR pump is easy... you'll need to connect the diverter valve to each hose headed to the check valves on the exhaust manifolds and then the other end to the AIR pump itself.
preTPI_1.JPG

EGR isn't too bad either... you have a line running out of the carb from a front port on the Qjet to a thermo switch either in the thermostat housing (my '78 L48) or to the intake (like my 80 L82 had). From there, the vacuum line runs to the EGR valve.

Hi John Z

I don't have a Doc rebuild Cat or Assembly manual. I only have a Haynes Repair Manual, Does not show what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the reply.
Tom

Tom, it will simplify your life enormously if you get the 1975 Corvette Assembly Manual and the 1974 Chevrolet Chassis Service Manual and the 1975 Supplement (all are available from the NCRS on-line store at www.ncrs.org); they are THE key references to maintain/repair (or restore) your car. The Haynes manuals are way too generic, and don't have the detail you need to do things right.

:beer

Sorry this took so long. Is this what you need?

EmissionsRouting.jpg

Hi, Bill 75

Yes it is. Thank you so much.... This will be a big help. The only thing that I found was a block diagram of a 1977 but it's not the same as the 1975 the 1977 had a EfE check Valve Tee off of the diverter valve and I wanted to make sure that my 1975 did not have this valve. I did not have it in my box of emission parts. So the 1975 does not have it.?

PS if you can find a block diagram of the emission routing, it would look like a wiring diagram, but for hoses.

Thank you very much.
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom