Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for a tire recommendation for a '69 427

69L88clone

Sorry guys, to bring this matter up. I did read the many, many threads on this topic here.
The PO put on Goodyear Eagle VR P245/60VR15. They are quite a few years old & need replacement. My absolute top priority is steering control.
I read good things about the BFG T/A, and also the Michelin Pilots
What do you guys recommend?
Again, sorry for bringing up this matter again but I can still use a little help.;shrug
Regards,
Jim

I like BFG's myself, but its just a personal choice.

You know, I read enough. I just pulled the trigger & ordered the BFG T/A's from the tire rack. I'm sure they will be just fine.
Thanks
Jim

They look great, particularly with Lemans Blue!
Jim

Thanks, Lemans Blue is a sweet color. I'm fortunate the car I bought was painted it some time a go instead of the original white. ;LOL

Where in Hopewell are you I still have relatives there, I even used to live behind the old Brookside Inn way back when.

I'm on Reservoir rd.
Brookside Inn? The Hopewell I live in is in Mercer County. I believe there may be more than one Hopewell in NJ.
BTW, in case you are interested, here's a link to photos of my car:
http://jpascale.photosite.com/69Vette427/
She's been repainted a non-stock metal-flaked burgandy (was Cortez sliver) by the PO with a gunmetal interior.
I hate to say it but I'm probably going to sell her after I mount the new tires.:(
I have way too many cars (7!) & some, if not all, will need to go. My wife never liked the Vette (too muscular for her) which meant the only time I get to drive her is when I'm by myself.
Thanks for helping out.
Regards,
Jim

Thanks, Lemans Blue is a sweet color. I'm fortunate the car I bought was painted it some time a go instead of the original white. ;LOL

Where in Hopewell are you I still have relatives there, I even used to live behind the old Brookside Inn way back when.

It was called the brookside many years ago, it was on the corner of rt 31 and rt 518 across from the ice cream stand. My Cousin lives on Broad st.
I too have too many cars (10), but don't sell any but the clunkers. ;LOL

That looks too nice to sell, you need time to yourself what better way to spend it but driving a musclecar. ;LOL

It was called the brookside many years ago, it was on the corner of rt 31 and rt 518 across from the ice cream stand.
***OK, we're talking about the same Hopewell. The ice cream stand was just torn down last year -a casulty of an intersection "improvement" project. The Inn, we moved to Hopewell 6 years ago, I don't remember seeing an Inn at this intersection.
My Cousin lives on Broad st.
***Not far from me....
I too have too many cars (10), but don't sell any but the clunkers. ;LOL
***Yeah, I don't really want to sell any of mine either, we'll see.
That looks too nice to sell, you need time to yourself what better way to spend it but driving a musclecar.
Well said. Let's see what happens when I put on my new tires.
Happy Fathers Day!
Jim

i'm running 255/60R15 BFG TAs on mine. look good and drive good. had some Dunlops same size, hated them.

BFG T/A's here as well......have been good tires....
Running 255's in the front and they rub at sterring wheel lock but I just can't make myself drop down in size.....

Thank you gentlemen for your comments on the BFG T/As - I can't wait to get them on. I will post a pic!
Jerseyjim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom