Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for a Windshield Frame/ Birdcage

bobfil

Corvette
1972 convertible
I have a 72 and the windshield frame is rotted out. If anyone knows where I can look to replace this or if anyone else has dealt with this issue please let me know.

Bob :w

I have a 72 and the windshield frame is rotted out. If anyone knows where I can look to replace this or if anyone else has dealt with this issue please let me know.

Bob :w
Ecklers has replacement parts for the steel windshield frame. Have to weld in I believe. If the damage extends down into the door pillars, you may be screwed.

I replaced the main frame and the bird cage on my '73. This is the most difficult and expensive restoration job possible on a C3- are you sure you want to do it?

Most likely the components will need to come from a donor car if it's a full birdcage replacement.

FWIW: check ebay. I've seen a couple of windshield surrounds pop up in the last couple of weeks.

:)

I'm not sure if its the whole birdcage your not, I know the top of the windshield is rotted but havent fully checked all around. I'm all new underneath so I thought Id fix this problem too. Thanks all for the input.

See the current (September) issue of "Corvette Enthusiast" magazine for a full feature article on replacing a C3 birdcage. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom