Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for info on 56

emccomas

Corvette
1956, 1956, 1979
I am looking for any info on 1956 Corvette serial number E56S001601.

Yes, it is listed in the C1 registry, and I am the listed owner. I don't have any real history on the car, or what little is left of the car.

The rumor is that the car was badly wrecked in California in about 1964. Car was then parted out.

Any and all information gratefully appreciated.

Good luck on your quest for info , Ed.

I used to own #945. Early vins are a neat breed for 56. Your car is a 225 hp, AT car, isn't it? Can't remember the trans but most were 225hp AT cars for the early part of the run. Mine was venetian red/white coves/red interior.

All I know for sure about the car is that is was originally red. I don't have enough of the car to determine if it was a manual or automatic car. I have some fiberglass pieces and the VIN tag.

All I know for sure about the car is that is was originally red. I don't have enough of the car to determine if it was a manual or automatic car. I have some fiberglass pieces and the VIN tag.

Looks like you can build it your way now. Please keep us posted as you progress. Sounds like a fun build, after seeing it in a recent article.

Was your car in the SACC mag or the NCRS Restorer recently? Seems like I saw it not long after we spoke earlier in the summer?

Was your car in the SACC mag or the NCRS Restorer recently? Seems like I saw it not long after we spoke earlier in the summer?

Different car, and it was in The Corvette Restorer magazine. That car is 2117, and is a fairly complete and original car. I am fixing it up as a 56 Corvette rat rod for the time being.

Hey I use to live in Madison. Off of County Line Road. Moved back to St. Louis almost 5 years ago.

There are two places you could look into for help. Zeke Jenkins who runs Corvettes Unlimited has been in business for years and I would trust him with anything. I was in Valley Vettes with him and I still go to see him when we get down there for visits. I also know Henry Younger of Walden and Younger Corvette. Excellent restorers.

Good luck with your project.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Hey I use to live in Madison. Off of County Line Road. Moved back to St. Louis almost 5 years ago.

There are two places you could look into for help. Zeke Jenkins who runs Corvettes Unlimited has been in business for years and I would trust him with anything. I was in Valley Vettes with him and I still go to see him when we get down there for visits. I also know Henry Younger of Walden and Younger Corvette. Excellent restorers.

Good luck with your project.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Thanks, Ron, I am acquainted with both of them.
I live in Monrovia, not far from your old stomping ground.

I got #2117 from a guy just south of St. Louis a couple of years ago. Flew into St. Louis, drove a rental down to look at the car, made the deal and flew home the same day. Came back next week with my truck and trailer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom