Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking For Wheels

C4Tom

Corvette
1993 Black & Silver LT1 A4 Coupe
I was getting some new tires put on yesterday and while waiting I asked the guy about wheels. I thought the ZR-1 wheels would look good on my Vette. :D

He couldn't find exactly what I wanted... ZR-1 wheels that have the spokes powder coated or painted black. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I know ebay has a ton of them, looking at a set for myself actually.

I went from the stock 91 sawblades to ZR1 wheels and like the new wheels WAAAY better.

I got them from Ebay also. There are many places that offer black ZR1's. Heck, I got silver ones delivered for under $300.

slapshot said:
I went from the stock 91 sawblades to ZR1 wheels and like the new wheels WAAAY better.

I got them from Ebay also. There are many places that offer black ZR1's. Heck, I got silver ones delivered for under $300.

Do you have any pics of you car with the ZR-1 wheels??

vetteboy86 said:
I know ebay has a ton of them, looking at a set for myself actually.

I saw your post after I made this thread. :hb DOH!

I looked on ebay and only found the silver rims. I'll check again today and see what I can find. What search words did you use?

Ahhhh... I was searching on ebay, not ebay motors. Maybe that was the difference. ;shrug

Thanks for the link!!

Didn't Shane get some ZR wheels for his car recently?

Edmond said:
Didn't Shane get some ZR wheels for his car recently?

Edmond,
Sadly no. I took the money for the rims as well as my christmas bonus and bought the engagement ring. :cry I am now trying to save up for the black zr-1's. I am thinking by february's end I should have them. Just have to budget.
I think the black zr-1's look awesome on a black car!

I got the black ZR-1 style wheels from AFS wheels for my '89 Ebay rat. They are terrific, and really inexpensive. The best thing to do is look them up on the internet and CALL them and ask for a special deal. I think I got the set for a little under $500, maybe less.

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Houston, Texas

Check out: O E Wheels on ebay..... they are by far the biggest bang for the buck....I have been to there facility in Sarasota, FL and they are serious about selling quality replacement/replica wheels and tire combos for Vettes of all ages...most is in stock and ready to ship...do an Ebay search on the home page with O E Wheels name and it will take you to there listings...then click on any of the wheel adds. This will take you to there store front, then click on the Corvette Wheel option on the left side of there page....your there!

Stinger!!

Stinger !! said:
....I have been to there facility in Sarasota, FL and they are serious about selling quality replacement/replica wheels and tire combos for Vettes of all ages...
Stinger!!

Can you work a deal with them if you go to the store and say hey I want 4 zr-1 wheels for $x00.00?

87blackroxi said:
Edmond,
Sadly no. I took the money for the rims as well as my christmas bonus and bought the engagement ring. :cry I am now trying to save up for the black zr-1's. I am thinking by february's end I should have them. Just have to budget.

You'll definitely have to post a pic. I think black rims on the black car will look pretty awesome but you'll have to paint the calipers so they stand out.

I'm going to go with the black ZR-1's on my white car. I think they're going to look awesome.

87blackroxi said:
Edmond,

I know how that feels. All I could think about when she swiped my card at the jewelry store was, headers, rims, exhaust, you know the important stuff. OH well in the long run things are good anyways. SHe says my wedding gift my be a color matched hardtop, how can you argue with that.

vetteboy86 said:
I know how that feels. All I could think about when she swiped my card at the jewelry store was, headers, rims, exhaust, you know the important stuff. OH well in the long run things are good anyways. SHe says my wedding gift my be a color matched hardtop, how can you argue with that.

Ha Ha. I know that feeling! It was tough. I really wanted the zr-1's and new carpet. But she (my girlfriend) is an invesment in herself. I know I made the right choice just like you did, and we will get ours eventually!;)

My opinion is that ZR-1/A Molds have been done to death. Let's see a little more creativity out there....

Larry

87blackroxi said:
Can you work a deal with them if you go to the store and say hey I want 4 zr-1 wheels for $x00.00?

When I went there I got a complete set of ZR-1 Polished 5-spoke with new rubber...285 front and 315 rear...got them mounted and computer balanced while I was there, and a complete set of chrome nuts with C-4 emblemed center caps...ALL FOR UNDER $1000.00!!!!!

It would be real tough to beat this.....

Stinger !! said:
When I went there I got a complete set of ZR-1 Polished 5-spoke with new rubber...285 front and 315 rear...got them mounted and computer balanced while I was there, and a complete set of chrome nuts with C-4 emblemed center caps...ALL FOR UNDER $1000.00!!!!!

It would be real tough to beat this.....

Wow,
That's an awesome price! You definately can't beat that with tires and all.
Thanks

I sent the manufacturer in Sarasota a message asking whether it was possible to get the entire ZR-1 wheel done in black, so that you didn't have the silver rim. Unfortunately, the answer came back no. Sort of strange since they make and paint the wheels, but.....

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Houston, Texas

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom