Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking through some pictures & found this -->

racelance

Corvette
95 ZR1, '05 Callaway, 2 R9G's & 2 '89 Challenge
I was missing my father this morning and figured I'd rummage through some old pictures on my computer. I stumbled upon the one below and figured you guys would enjoy it as well:

speedster.jpg

This was a picture of my cat, Tig, she was wonderful in every aspect. She did have one flaw; she thought she owned the Speedster. She would nest in this car all the time. My Dad was a clean freak (like most of us car people are), so it irked him to see her in the car. We all gave up and it became Tig's resting area. I used to clean the paw prints off the paint frequently - fortunately she didn't have claws (in the front at least). Nevertheless, I thought you guys would get a laugh from the pic I sure know I did.

May they both rest in peace - hopefully in the same style they had down here. :)

Cheers,

Lance

steelblue75 said:
Cool story, Any more pictures of the car?:w

This was the day the car was delivered to Carlisle, as you can see Reeves personally came to our place to deliver the car. He's a real class act!!

Callaway also provided my Mom, Dad and myself with a winter coat that had the "Speedster" embroidery on it (my father is wearing his in the picture below). Callaway does everything right - gotta love 'em!

Enjoy,

Lance

callaway.jpg

callaway1.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Lance!

Great thought & great memory! Thank you for sharing that with us. I have to agree if I were the cat I'd take up nesting in that car also.

My black cat likes my black ZR-1 also, maybe cats are smart?!

:beer Lance!

Tom-

I think they're smarter then we give 'em credit for - heck, look at Tig & your cat! My new cat (Zip) will be riding in the Carlisle Callaway Corvette from Carlisle to Florida in a few weeks - she'll be styling, well so will I!

Lance

tomtom72 said:
You are both smart! and you both have good taste!! Have a safe trip & a great time!

Well at least one of us is smart (her), but I feel we both have good taste! :)

Have a good one,

Lance

67HEAVEN said:
Fantastic, Lance. Look how happy your dad was in those photos. :w

He lived by his favorite qoute: "Life is good!"

It shows in this picture...

Thanks,

Lance

Chris-

That was one of his favorites too! I have a few of those photographs floating around, he gave them to me a while back. The smile certainly says it all!

Lance

Lance, I have these feeling about missing my father too.

I lost my father in 1996 at the age of 48 when I was 22 myself.

My father was more into music, and I heritated his music collection.
Now and then I just grab a few albums and put them on the turntable.

Man, that gives me a boost of adrenaline.

Nice pics, cherish them.

It's never easy! But it certainly shows you how short life can be - every minute is precious so enjoy it while you're here.

Sorry for your loss, but it's nice you had a solid relationship with him...

Lance

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom