Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking to replace Fuel Injectors any advice

If you want good injectors, replace them with OE GM. If you want better injectors, many people like the Accels as long as they are the rotating disc units. The best injectors come from RC Engineering. They are the Lucas disc type but, unfortunately, are more expensive.

I have RC injectors in my 95 ZR-1. They have worked flawlessly since they were installed in 1998.

Hib,
On the RC Engineering site, unless I missed it, you can't look up by car model, what part # would I need to order for a 90 ZR-1?

Scrrem

order your lucas injectors from ficinjectors 1/2 the price or the rc's. Exact same injector

is that price for 8 or 16 injectors . our zr1s need 16. price from ficinjectors is 380 inc shipping for 16

Yes- that quote was for 8 injectors.

The original post for this thread was for 8 injectors because he has an LT1...

bsmurf1962 said:
Does anyone know what # fuel injectors I should use on a LT1 1994 coupe

Thanks for all your inputs ......
":beerMURF"

I think the thread was started in the wrong place. No worries though. Either way, $360 isn't a bad price for 16 injectors!

:thumb

I'll also add this thread started over a year ago... :chuckle :W

I have read some very negative comments from other high performance applications on RC injectors. That I cannot overlook. They would be about the last injector would consider.

I take it that these "negative comments" are heresay from unspecified sources rather than any objective testing you have researched...or, perhaps, you even performed some testing?

not heresay i bought a set of rcs and when we were dynoing my 89 at coreys we found that 3 of them had gone bad after 3 months, and was told i wouldnt get a warrenty replacement . went with the ficinjectors from jon for 365 and got a 3 year uncoonditional warrenty too boot

Anyone have any opinions on these? What lb injector shoul i get with a stock engine? I have a true duel exhaust,no cats,flowmasters,SLP c.a.i,. In feb,i'm putting in a 383 stroker,but for now,i need to replace mine.
Fuel_Injectors.jpg

High impedance injectors (14-16 ohms) are found on most production vehicles. We have found high impedance injectors, that are available on a special order basis, that flow over 50 lbs per hour. Low impedance injectors (2-6 ohms) are typically found in racing and require a different computer such as a Motec.We spend a lot of phone time trying to help customers who have been talked into large injectors.
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>300-510 </TD><TD height=25>Injectors, 350 High Impedance, 20lbs/hr.........$360.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=25 width=100><FORM style="LINE-HEIGHT: 100%; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px" method=post name=300-511 action=index.php><INPUT value=shopping_cart type=hidden name=module> <INPUT class=addToCartButton value="Add To Cart" type=submit name=cmdAdd> <INPUT value=300-511 type=hidden name=partNumber> <INPUT value="Injectors, Custom, High Impedance, 24lbs/hr." type=hidden name=itemText> <INPUT value=400.0000 type=hidden name=price> <INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=Add> <INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=quantity> </FORM></TD><TD width=100> 300-511 </TD><TD height=25>Injectors, Custom, High Impedance, 24lbs/hr.........$400.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=25 width=100><FORM style="LINE-HEIGHT: 100%; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px" method=post name=300-512 action=index.php><INPUT value=shopping_cart type=hidden name=module> <INPUT class=addToCartButton value="Add To Cart" type=submit name=cmdAdd> <INPUT value=300-512 type=hidden name=partNumber> <INPUT value="Injectors, Custom, High Impedance, 30lbs/hr." type=hidden name=itemText> <INPUT value=400.0000 type=hidden name=price> <INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=Add> <INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=quantity> </FORM></TD><TD width=100> 300-512 </TD><TD height=25>Injectors, Custom, High Impedance, 30lbs/hr.........$400.00 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For a stock engine, get Ford injectors, with same flow rates. They are like 200 bucks at Jegs and most outlets, fit in the rails and are flow matched.
But if you want newer better injectors with better technology and spray patterns get ahold of Fuel Injector Connection
best customer service and doesnt leave you hanging after purchase. Give him a call, you will be very happy.
T.M what 383 did you buy. FIC injectors will make your engine run real well. They are much better technology etc than the old Fords. The Fords are just reliable. My 396LT1 uses FORD 30#'s. If I were to use the FIC, I would do 36/42's and a Racetronix fuel pump. I am at 90% duty cycle now.

if the injectors use the fuel to cool the electrical coils make sure the wire insulation can stand up to ethanol that is in most all gasoline now days

I replaced the injectors in my 91 earlier this summer. The car had about 7500 miles. I used the Accel injectors from Atlantic Speed. I think they were about $500 for everything. The installation was pretty straight forward and they perform extremely well. Good luck with the installation. If you haven't had the plenum off, there is lots of good information on the net on how to do it.
I FIC sells rebuilt , meaning reconditioned, such as taking them apart as far as you can and cleaning them, new springs , who knows. But rebuilt, remanufactured, new, and NOS are all different terms and are used improperly. Get to know the terms, but more importantly call the comapny you are buying from and ask questions.
Anything is better than whats been in a car since 1994, correct, as they are used. Would you buy used, unknown, without a warranty?

if the injectors use the fuel to cool the electrical coils make sure the wire insulation can stand up to ethanol that is in most all gasoline now days
Ethanol is a pretty good coolant. Why would it be an issue here. And, by law, it shouldnt be more than 10%. Alcohol dragters run so cool their blowers sweat.
I have never hear of this concern, and I would like to know what article this came from. The underhood temperature alone is pretty damn high, and not nearly as cool as the fuel going into the rails through your injectors.

For a stock engine, get Ford injectors, with same flow rates. They are like 200 bucks at Jegs and most outlets, fit in the rails and are flow matched.
But if you want newer better injectors with better technology and spray patterns get ahold of Fuel Injector Connection
best customer service and doesnt leave you hanging after purchase. Give him a call, you will be very happy.
T.M what 383 did you buy. FIC injectors will make your engine run real well. They are much better technology etc than the old Fords. The Fords are just reliable. My 396LT1 uses FORD 30#'s. If I were to use the FIC, I would do 36/42's and a Racetronix fuel pump. I am at 90% duty cycle now.
Hey Steve,haven't seen you around in a while. Saw you post on PC the other day. I didn't buy the 383 yet,feb when i get my bonus.I'll probably just start with the block and cam,then do heads and intake later.But i will need injectors sometime soon.I'll prolly end up with the FIC's next month.

Hey Steve,haven't seen you around in a while. Saw you post on PC the other day. I didn't buy the 383 yet,feb when i get my bonus.I'll probably just start with the block and cam,then do heads and intake later.But i will need injectors sometime soon.I'll prolly end up with the FIC's next month.
Do you have an auto or 6 speed?

Ethanol is a pretty good coolant. Why would it be an issue here. And, by law, it shouldnt be more than 10%. Alcohol dragters run so cool their blowers sweat.
I have never hear of this concern, and I would like to know what article this came from. The underhood temperature alone is pretty damn high, and not nearly as cool as the fuel going into the rails through your injectors.
GM had to change their injectors to dry type because of this,the ethanol attacked the insulation on the wire used to make the coils. any type of alky is a solvent and will disolve many things.

GM had to change their injectors to dry type because of this,the ethanol attacked the insulation on the wire used to make the coils. any type of alky is a solvent and will disolve many things.
Interesting. What about all the other rubber within the fuel system?

auto/3 :07
Recommend before you do the 383, which will make around 450-500, I guess, that you look into a Dana 44, and someone that can honestly build your 700R4. I have been through 2 builds here on island. Crappy builds, utterly embarrassing. I need to have it rebuilt again, and unless I can find someone here willing to build it with the parts I buy and to certain specs, I wont be driving for sometime.
I went through 3 D36's before I got smart. They all broke on the street, like the transmission.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom