Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted Lookng for a period correct corvette 327 (or 427) for my 66 coupe

Looking for a particular item to buy or trade, use this prefix to post your thread.

Glide

Corvette
1971 Shark, 1985 C4, 2011 C6, 99 FRC. 66 Coupe
It's for my 66 coupe. Has a good running 350 in it now. Trying to make a politically correct driver. Can pick up anywhere in mid-east. Any condition will be considered. Also needs a paint job if anyone knows a reasonably priced resto outfit in the Md, Va, DC area.

This is sort of an old thread, but if you are still in need, I will be removing a '66 Corvette 327/300 from a car this winter and replacing it. I will have just the block available at that time. Please let me know if you have interest.

This is sort of an old thread, but if you are still in need, I will be removing a '66 Corvette 327/300 from a car this winter and replacing it. I will have just the block available at that time. Please let me know if you have interest.

Yes there is still a need. Where are you and do you have the heads?

Thanks!
John

No heads. My '63 came with a 1966 block, # 3858174, dated G-23-5 (July 23). Blank pad, must have been decked.

The car came with correct numbered and dated intake, heads and exhaust manifolds and water pump, so the original '63 parts seem to have been hung on this block after rebuild and replacement.

The engine runs extremely well and is very powerful and responsive. It has a noise to it that tells me it probably needs to be rebuilt. I am not an engine guy. I was going to replace the block with a correct #870 for a '63 anyway so I bought one and it will go in this winter.

I am in Illinois.

No heads. My '63 came with a 1966 block, # 3858174, dated G-23-5 (July 23). Blank pad, must have been decked.

The car came with correct numbered and dated intake, heads and exhaust manifolds and water pump, so the original '63 parts seem to have been hung on this block after rebuild and replacement.

The engine runs extremely well and is very powerful and responsive. It has a noise to it that tells me it probably needs to be rebuilt. I am not an engine guy. I was going to replace the block with a correct #870 for a '63 anyway so I bought one and it will go in this winter.

I am in Illinois.

I'm good with that. How much shipped tp 25414? Or is this going to involve a road trip? I live outside DC. When will it be available? I go to Florida in December. PM me

Thanks!
John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom