Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looks like one bit the dust?

Really Bad damage!

From the looks shown in the pictures, the cost will more than anyone may think with regards to repairs.

Hate to see things like this. The seller better remember that a buyer may have to ship the car outside of California to where he /she may live. That's another two grand costs.

This is really a write off.....

Stan

what a shame...

Stan, do you still have records of "others" beyond repair from when U ran the registry? I bet the list could be quite sad... :(

If you start with fairly coarse paper I think it will rub out.

Stan, don't you remember this car being on Callaway's website "for sale?" The owner pulled the ad after his son wrecked it. The proceeds of the sale were supposed to go to charity if I remember right. It was a Kansas car.

I remember!

I do remember now!!!!

As you get older, you have a tendency to forget things more easily.

As to records on individual cars invloved in accidents, I did hear about a few but did not make a record of it. I should have done that.

Stan

SurfnSun said:
Stan, don't you remember this car being on Callaway's website "for sale?" The owner pulled the ad after his son wrecked it. The proceeds of the sale were supposed to go to charity if I remember right. It was a Kansas car.

I remeber that car (due to the extra emblem) on the hood but for some reason I thought that car was # 90-010... I recall the kansas tags and the auction, I just did not follow that one closely as who would have expected THAT!!!!!!! :eek
later *89x2*

now that I think about it, the "auction" one w/ kansas tags did not have the rub strip painted black (like the one in the pic) but I thought it had current tags then and was for sale last Feb. on Callaway's site. toughest thing is trying to look through all that damage... Sad, very sad

It's a shame... there is much irrepairable damage to that car. How do you suppose it got from Kansas to California? New owner obviously.. $$$$ ???

Thats my question......the car was already wrecked when it left KS

Yea the bidding was in the mid-high 20s but the kid wrecked it while the auction was on and the auction was pulled.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom