Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Loose parking light

adfac

Corvette
1986 Dark Red Convertible
My entire parking light assembly is loose on the passenger side of my 86 vert. The whole thing vibrates when I get to a certain rpm and it drives me nuts. I couldn't find anything in the FSM about how to access it. I don't know if I have a bracket broken or loose or what. It looks like you have to take off the whole front bumper just to get to it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to replace the light assembly and what holds the light in place. It will help me get an idea of what I'm up against. Thanks for any help.
:w

I know on my 1996 there is an access point for each fog lamp under the front nose of the car. It is used for replacing light bulbs, but maybe you can get to the bracket there...

Hope this helps and good luck!:cool

I had the same problem on my '84. You've got it right. You will need to remove the bumper cover to get at the fasteners that hold it in place. To get at the row of screws along the top of the bumper cover more easily, prop the hood half way up. After all the screws are out, peel the cover off from the bottom. It will need to stretch a little to get it off the corners. Sounds difficult, but it's not too bad. Best to do it on a warm day, or warm it with a heat lamp.

I had the same problem on my '84. You've got it right. You will need to remove the bumper cover to get at the fasteners that hold it in place. To get at the row of screws along the top of the bumper cover more easily, prop the hood half way up. After all the screws are out, peel the cover off from the bottom. It will need to stretch a little to get it off the corners. Sounds difficult, but it's not too bad. Best to do it on a warm day, or warm it with a heat lamp.

Thanks for the tip. I was afraid it wasn't going to be easy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom