Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Loose side view mirror

mlazinski

Corvette
1975 Silver Coupe
The ball joint on the side view mirror is lacking stability, and the mirror moves sign. when going over 60 mph. I don't want to see the side of my own car. I cannot find any adjustment for this, does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!

mlazinski said:
The ball joint on the side view mirror is lacking stability, and the mirror moves sign. when going over 60 mph. I don't want to see the side of my own car. I cannot find any adjustment for this, does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!

Yup, it's time for a new side view mirror. This is a common problem.

-John

There was a forum on this problem . I heard some people use a drop of super type glue and let it set. This freezes the ball. Some have scored the ball with a chisel and that works. In the end your gonna have to buy a new mirror, that's been my experience.

You can use a drop of super glue or loctite as a semi-temporary fix. Otherwise you can soak the mirror head in acetone to dissolve the glue holding the mirror in place and get at the inside of the housing. You need to tighten up three rivets that hold a plate that puts tension on the ball.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom