Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Love my 2001 Torch Red C5.....

jackel

Corvette
2001 Coupe, Torch Red
Hello everyone,

I am another new blood to the Corvette family. I have always wanted to own one of these Fine American Muscle cars but never could justify spending the money due to being a family man. Now the kid is on his own and it's just me and the Queen, it's all about us now! The avatar is a pic of my car, 2001 Torch Red C5, Auto shift. I really don't all out race but do drive it hard with respect, you know what I mean. I am very happy to have found this forum to learn more about taking care of my beautiful Corvette and possibly help someone fix theirs. I see now how the Corvette owners are a very different breed of individual, once you take the first test drive you have to buy it! I live in Texas around the San Antonio area and have been a mechanic most of my life and love to improve and maintain fine automobiles, mine especially. Currently at the time of this post, working in Afghanistan for one of the OEM's that provide military trucks that our soldiers take on missions and very proud to be helping these young men and women stay alive to get old and enjoy their grandchildren.

I have read many posts here and what I like the most in all I have read is this. People do not bad mouth each other or act childish which is very important to me and really offer excellent advice to one another. That is why I felt inclined to join and post this little write up. There is nothing better for a little R&R than a road trip and having my wife by my side and hearing the rumble of my exhaust, I truly find it stimulating to my senses, and never had that with any other performance car other than this Corvette. Really a remarkable piece of art.

Thanks,

Welcome from another newbie........I have an 02 and it is by far the best Vette I have ever owned. Hope you get to come home soon and enjoy your ride.....Post some pics when you get the chance......I agree with you about not needing any pissing and moaning, I am here to learn all I can learn about my car and hopefully share from my expieriance also. Good luck over there........:thumb

Welcome to the Forum. :w Get home safe soon.

Profile pic

I have uploaded a profile pic of my Corvette but don't see it for some reason. It is within the size range?? Thanks.

How would I get it to display under my name? Thanks for the compliment and will upload more later.

Jackel, Welcome to CAC. You'll find a great bunch of people here. Very few ruffled feathers, but occasionally there will be a tiff. Mostly, just a bunch of great people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with others.

Profile pictures are different from Avatar pictures. Avatars are uploaded using the same procedure, but sizes are different. 150 x 150 or there abouts. Find where it says Avatar and upload from there.

Jackel, go to the settings menu and down the side a couple spots below where it says My Settings> edit profile picture is "Edit Avatar" click on that one and you can upload your avatar picture.

I see you've already found your way through the Avatar and Profile image processes and you're receiving a warm welcome from some of our friends, so I'll simply add my 'WELCOME' and 'Stay Safe and Come Home Soon'!!

And thank you, too, for your positive comments regarding our Site. We pride ourselves not only on the tremendous amount of Technical Info amassed here by our Site Administrator, Rob, but also providing a pleasant and secure environment in which to access and discuss it. That's not hard to do when you consider we've got some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable Corvette enthusiasts on the web. :thumb

Be sure to check out our Tech Center too: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

You can navigate to it from any page onsite by following the link in the 'green bar' just below the Site banner:

attachment.php

Enjoy the CAC and your new C5!
:wJane Ann

Here's another warm welcome!! As others have already said, come home safe and sound!

Elaine

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!

Thanks, already learning more about these fabulous cars. Really nice to get welcomed like this, I have been on other sites and never received one welcome after 2 weeks so I had to go. Very happy to have found CAC!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom