Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Low Fuel Light

rob77

Corvette
1977 Red Coupe
After replacing the centre circuit board in my 77 the low fuel light is always on (yes, even with a full tank of gas). Any suggestions on what might be causing this?
:confused
Thanks

When you replaced the circuit board, was the fuel gauge removed or replace? Did the low fuel light work correctly before replacing the circuit board? Not sure about the rest of the gauges but I do know there is a insulator between the circuit board and the back of clock power connector stud, maybe one is missing on your fuel gauge connector?
Check out this site it may help:http://www.europeancorvette.com/html/console_gauges.htm
Brian

I only replaced the needle. The guage was never removed.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Rob

You DO have the little circuit board installed and not just a dash light in the low fuel hole? My black 79 didn't have a board installed, don't know what ever happened to it as i've had that Vette for 23 years and it was an untouched original when I bought it in 84. Found the little circuit board on ebay. If I hadn't known I would have just put a lite bulb holder in the hole. I've heard of a few guys making that mistake. Mike

You DO have the little circuit board installed and not just a dash light in the low fuel hole? My black 79 didn't have a board installed, don't know what ever happened to it as i've had that Vette for 23 years and it was an untouched original when I bought it in 84. Found the little circuit board on ebay. If I hadn't known I would have just put a lite bulb holder in the hole. I've heard of a few guys making that mistake. Mike

I agree, my 82 was the same way ....found a board on ebay...problem solved!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom