Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Low Oil Warning

TooFast

Corvette
2004 6 Speed Roadster and 2011 Inferno Orange Z06
OK, so I am at 'Vettes on The Rockies this weekend. My car is parked for about 4 hours in a large area where all other corvettes are parked. I get in, start it and on the display I see "Low Oil Warning", oil pressure is fine. I drive about 50 ft, shut down, turn the car back on, reset the display and everything is back to normal? I don't get the message the rest of the weekend nor during the 130 mile drive home? I had just canged the oil and filter two weeks ago and have driven the car a few times since I changed the oil. Anybody ever experienced this? :confused

You check the oil level after the change? most likely you have.

..............................BUT........................................

The low oil light will come on when the engine is down about 2 litres.

probably just a c5 glitch-maintain your full level-and check it every now and then:w

Was your car parked on a slope which might make the oil level shift to below the sensor?

Was your car parked on a slope which might make the oil level shift to below the sensor?

You know Tuna, that was my first thought, because there was a slight incline, but not anything that I thought would have caused it to affect the sensor. And then the following night it was parked in an underground garage with more of a slope and no problem at all.

For Us Yankees

You check the oil level after the change? most likely you have.

..............................BUT........................................

The low oil light will come on when the engine is down about 2 litres.

2.11 quarts......:L

You know Tuna, that was my first thought, because there was a slight incline, but not anything that I thought would have caused it to affect the sensor. And then the following night it was parked in an underground garage with more of a slope and no problem at all.

I'm not sure of the location of the low oil sensor but the position of the car on a slope could make the difference between getting the light and not getting the light - especially if the oil is slightly down when sitting level.

My driveway slopes just a little and it has done it a couple of times. I pull to the street and shut it off and restart and its fine. I still check it to be sure but its always fine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom