Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

low tire sensors

I don't have any sensors available. I am in fact still looking for a blue/beige and orange/beige sensors for my 93 Vette. Anyone with them? Please contact me. Sorry I could't help you. Sam

Hi, do you still have boxes of sensors? I need one for a 92. I'll have to double check which one but I think right rear.

Tire Sensors! HUH!

Okay, when I got my '94 in '99, I wasn't aware that the "inflation" products (Fix-A-Flat, etc.) were harmful to the sensors. When I had
new tires mounted, I was then told that the sensors had been damaged
in both the rear wheels, where I had slow leaks, so I said OK, no biggie, and didn't worry about it. After all, it just seemed to be a matter of
convienence to have sensors. Question: do any of you think they are a must? Anyone operating without "working" sensors? Thanks

Sensors

okay, when i got my '94 in '99, i wasn't aware that the "inflation" products (fix-a-flat, etc.) were harmful to the sensors. When i had
new tires mounted, i was then told that the sensors had been damaged
in both the rear wheels, where i had slow leaks, so i said ok, no biggie, and didn't worry about it. After all, it just seemed to be a matter of
convienence to have sensors. Question: Do any of you think they are a must? Anyone operating without "working" sensors? Thanks
I'm operating with two broken sensors. They're not a must on any car. My dislike is having to look at a "service ltpws" light all the time.

Okay, when I got my '94 in '99, I wasn't aware that the "inflation" products (Fix-A-Flat, etc.) were harmful to the sensors. When I had
new tires mounted, I was then told that the sensors had been damaged
in both the rear wheels, where I had slow leaks, so I said OK, no biggie, and didn't worry about it. After all, it just seemed to be a matter of
convienence to have sensors. Question: do any of you think they are a must? Anyone operating without "working" sensors? Thanks

Every year like clockwork when the weather turns cooler the tire pressure goes 2 Lbs lower and the LTPWS lights up. Must keep an eye on your tire pressure if you don't have sensors working. The 2 Lb drop apparently puts you in the "danger zone" for higher speeds, handling etc. ;shrug

My Son works for the company that manufactured the sensors and when they discontinued them I acquired the old inventory. I have boxes of sensors. If you send me a picture or description of the sensor you are looking for I'll see what I can do. I got the sensors for my own 93 Corvette. I know I have sensors that fit the 93.

Do you have any Front Right 1991 tire pressure sensors?

Good luck in finding the TPS units. To aid in your search, I have listed the part numbers for the 1993 to 1996 Corvette TPS below, the new part number first and the old part number second in bold. GM renumbered their TPS sensors, so you need both part number if you purchase used TPS sensors for verification. Either part number should work. Remember, the pre 1993 sensors will not work. The housings for the 1993-96 sensors are beige.

DSF GM88959446 GM10161856 Green
PSF GM88959445 GM10161855 Blue
DSR GM88959444 GM10161854 Yellow
PSR GM88959447 GM10161857 Orange

Hope this helps.
Barrett​

Good luck in finding the TPS units. To aid in your search, I have listed the part numbers for the 1993 to 1996 Corvette TPS below, the new part number first and the old part number second in bold. GM renumbered their TPS sensors, so you need both part number if you purchase used TPS sensors for verification. Either part number should work. Remember, the pre 1993 sensors will not work. The housings for the 1993-96 sensors are beige.

DSF GM88959446 GM10161856 Green
PSF GM88959445 GM10161855 Blue
DSR GM88959444 GM10161854 Yellow
PSR GM88959447 GM10161857 Orange

Hope this helps.
Barrett​

Thanks for the information.

I know this is an OLD thread but

I need a right front 96blue sensor part#gm88959445 label L88959445b and tx#rf002793
corvette95@charter.net
this sensor is BLACK not white with the blue label

My Son works for the company that manufactured the sensors and when they discontinued them I acquired the old inventory. I have boxes of sensors. If you send me a picture or description of the sensor you are looking for I'll see what I can do. I got the sensors for my own 93 Corvette. I know I have sensors that fit the 93.

I only have the Driver Side TPS (Green Label) for a 1989 to 92 Corvette.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom