Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowering the C6

Greenie

Corvette
2007 black coupe
Did I read somewhere in a previous post that the C6 has a "notch" such that the suspension can be lowered? TIA!

the transverse leafs in the C6, are similar to the ones they have used in past models. On the C6 there are stops that can be set lower than they come from the factory. They are on either side of the spring wear it contacts the control arm. Lowering the bolts all the way will get you about 3/4 of an inch maybe. To get a real low look, you will have to cut the rubber stops or install a bolt kit. I cut my stops till there was just a little rubber plate left. You will see what I am talking about when you get it apart. can't show you any pics from work.
rj

the transverse leafs in the C6, are similar to the ones they have used in past models. On the C6 there are stops that can be set lower than they come from the factory. They are on either side of the spring wear it contacts the control arm. Lowering the bolts all the way will get you about 3/4 of an inch maybe. To get a real low look, you will have to cut the rubber stops or install a bolt kit. I cut my stops till there was just a little rubber plate left. You will see what I am talking about when you get it apart. can't show you any pics from work.
rj

Thanks aint!! I spoke with my mechanic today about lowering my C6 and he warned against it. He said that he has seen a number of bad scrapes on two posts in the front that connect up to the radiator for support. Ive nixed the idea.

To each their own brother! If I can be of assistance just shoot me an email! Here's mine low to temp ya. It does has some scrapes on the bottom, but mine is lower than you would go.

I bought the correct lowering bolt from West Coast Corvettes and dropped the car about 2.5 inches in back and 2 inches in front. Love it. The car handles better and looks great, especially in profile.

If you want to drive like an idiot I'm sure you can wreck anything. My car looks like "aints"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom