Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowering

Larry's Yellow Rdstr

Corvette
05 black cpe-Porsche GT3
What vendor would you drivers suggest to get springs that would lower my 87 vert. Since putting 17" rims and tires the car looks like its a 4 wheels drive. I have heard of the fibreglass springs but don't know anyone that has used them. I need to drop the rear 2.5 inches and the front about 1.5"

Any experiences would be helpful.

TIA

Lar

your corvette already has fiberglass springs in the front and back.
to lower a C4 vette like ours, you need longer bolts for the rear leaf spring, and theres wedges for the front you install after you remove a thick rubber cushion. no need for new leaf springs.
i am lowering my back with longer 10" bolts i got and a good hardware store, got to get aleast grade 8 bolts.

Thanks tigmaned for the info. I ordered the necessary kit from a vendor on CAC, VBP. Your advice saved me some $$$

To get your 2.5 rear and 1.5 front drop you may need to cut some rubber in the front and restack the spacers in the rear.

Mike

Larry's Yellow Rdstr said:
Thanks tigmaned for the info. I ordered the necessary kit from a vendor on CAC, VBP. Your advice saved me some $$$
Have you done suspension work before? You may want to consider getting a four wheel alignment after your finished lowering.

I would suggest higher grade bolts than 8 and the allignment is essential after lowering since everything has to come loose. After lowering my right front wheel was 1 cm disalligned from the left front wheel, you might want to consider this before you hit the brakes. Please post some before and after photo's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom