Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LS-1 upgrades

vetteguy61

Corvette
2001 white with blue flames
Going to to some engine mods this spring. What heads and cam would be a good swap from my stock ones? I use my vette for street driving and a blast down the 1/4 miles once in awhile. Looking to get the best bang for my hard earned bucks. Any help would be appreicated.

I'm going to do the same thing for the same reasons. Will be interested in what everyone has to say.

Not enough information.
  • other mods already done or planned?
  • what tires are you running?
  • stick or automatic?
  • budget?
Hmm... just noticed this is a 3 month old thread that got revived.

Maybe you've already made a decison?

Mods done for now. Blackwing, LS6 Intake and heads, Callaway TB, Kooks LT Headers with off-road X-pipe, GM Stage 2 (road racing) cam. The cam worked sith the LS6 heads and springs, saved me some bucks on valve train. Dyno tune @406 RWHP, 398 RWTQ. What is great about the set-up is the power under the curve-great "street" power.Stock 342 gear, 6SP. Very happy with the set-up. Sounds bad-ass at idle, may be too much lope for some, but can drive in 5th gear at 55 and 6th at 72 with no problems. Bought LT, X-pipe, and intake/TB used off forum members, everything else is new. $ 6250.00 Invested with parts, install and tune, and I love the way it sounds and performs. The ony thing I did wrong was the Pypes Violators cat back. Will ditch that as soon as possible and replace with something else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom